Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Musician Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
Blackritual0

Bassist needed for signed metal band!

Name: Undiminished
Label: Smooth Air Records
Influences: Demon Hunter, Opeth, Katatonia, Five Finger Death Punch, The Human Abstract, Swallow The Sun, Avenged Sevenfold, Dark Tranquility, Dream Theater, Sentenced, Killswitch Engage
Info: I’m currently finishing my BA in music production. During the course I met an individual who had been in the process of starting up a record label for a few years now. He was really impressed with a lot of the work I put together and offered me a deal with his label. All of our work is still being composed as of now; we head up to Seattle in June to get the studio recording of the album. We’re looking for a bass player with experience in music theory, composition, arranging and the like. If your interested please contact me and I’ll try to get you some rough examples of our work so you can see how we sound. We’re all around 21-22 and are scattered around the states. I’m stationed in Cheyenne, Wy, another member is in Nebraska and the drummer lives in Plymouth, Ca. All of our work is composed online via file sharing. If interested, please email me at jerrybrown5081@yahoo.com
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.

Last edited by Blackritual0 : 03-03-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Blackritual0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Not interested, but just some advice:

You are missing a number of things that are essential for a good ad:

-band name (huge one)
-links to your existing material (so people know that you don't suck)
-location (still important even if you are "online")
-decent sized list of influences (listing a "range" between four bands doesn't cut it)
-your ages (many people wouldn't want to play with people under 18 or 21)

Mentioning the label is also very important for this sort of thing. For me, "offered a record deal with a smaller record label" would throw up all kinds of red flags. Smaller "record labels" will often give you money to record the album with the expectation that they will be paid back in full (probably with interest).

In short, you could very well be getting a raw deal. If I were trying out for a band, I would want to know about that sort of thing (and any serious musician would) because I wouldn't want to join on with guys that are already on the short end of a raw deal.

Now, I'm not saying that that is the case (though I would definitely suggest that you and your buddies take a look into it if you haven't because it happens all the time).

Also I would suggest that you pay closer attention to your grammar, particularly punctuation, capitalization, sentence structure (you seem to have a thing for run-ons), etc. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me (and any serious musician that is at all worth while), this shows a lack of care with your ad that just screams "unprofessional" (or maybe it would be better to say that it makes you look like you live up to your user title?).

Also walls of text are an eyesore. Not only does it look as bad as poor grammar, but somebody might potentially take a quick glance, think "I'm not reading this", and be on their way, never to give it a thought again. Again, this may not seem like a big thing to you, but it may very well be what turns away Mr/Ms Right from your band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Blackritual0

Fair enough, to be honest I just got back from the ER and was half asleep on pain meds when I put this together. I'll edit it and make it look more presentable, sorry about that! As far as the user title, that’s from high school around 5 years ago, I'm probably one of the most driven guys I've met. But thanks for the advice; I'll revise the post.
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Blackritual0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: