Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Guitar Center and promotions

So I bought myself an audio interface and might modify my Vox VT15 amp to include an effects loop and a new headphone jack (1/4"). Now I have to buy new headphones. Found a really good pair for under $100, but I'm trying to buy them in conjunction with a coupon (which I normally do for anything GC related).

It's been a couple weeks now and I finally found a coupon that takes $10 off (see "SAVEUP" coupon on GC home page), but Audio-Technica chose not to participate. I'm assuming if they didn't participate in this one then they probably won't (or haven't, in the past) participate in the next.

Contacted a representative online and he said that the company may still have in-store coupons/phone specials, but he couldn't tell me any more than that.

I need help understanding this. So if I wanted these headphones I would have to call, but the chances of them having a coupon to use are 50-50? There's no way in hell they would give me a list of upcoming promotions so I'm confused how this works.

Any help regarding these phone specials or in-store coupons would be highly appreciated. Personal experience is just as helpful!

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
jhalterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
bballdevil187

Try it out in the cart and see if the discount works. I bought a guitar last year that was a brand that "did not participate", but the coupon worked anyway. Give it a shot!
ESP EC-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Martin DCPA3
Peavey 6505+
TC Electronic G-System
bballdevil187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Wow you're cheap.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdevil187
Try it out in the cart and see if the discount works. I bought a guitar last year that was a brand that "did not participate", but the coupon worked anyway. Give it a shot!
Already attempted it before I posted on here. Tried changing up a few things, too, but with no success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
Wow you're cheap.
Forgive me for being frugal, taking advantage of the opportunity to not waste money (essentially taking it out of my wallet and setting it on fire), and not having a lot of it in the first place.

When you're done with dinner may I have your leftovers, sire? Scraps will do just fine.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Um...well, I don't like GC because they are expensive. Honestly, even with paying shipping costs, you may get a better deal at MusiciansFriend. Or you could try another guitar shop. I got some mid-quality headphones for under $50 at my local MusicGoRound. Granted, they were used, but the only way I could gotten better headphones was to pay over $100.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
kova.lee

The guys at my local Guitar Center know me b/c I've bought a lot of equipment from them (both for me personally and for my church) and so even though the coupons might exclude certain brands, they give me the discount anyway. Heck, I sometimes get the discounts even though I don't have the coupon; they'll look to see whatever promotion is running at the time and then knock off the appropriate dollars automatically for me.

Actually, I don't know how it works at other Guitar Centers but the salespeople at the one that I go to pretty much go out of their way to make a sale, even the new salespeople who don't know me. For example, I got a new Audix i5 microphone for $80 (tax included) b/c the guy at the counter took a couple minutes to price-match it for me (although to be fair, he talked me into it when I went in to get an SM57). If you can, physically go the GC with the coupon and see if they'll be willing to accomodate you despite the restrictions on the coupon.
kova.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova.lee
If you can, physically go the GC with the coupon and see if they'll be willing to accommodate you despite the restrictions on the coupon.

I concur as this was my only other thought if I wanted to use this coupon. I just hate not knowing 100% whether or not it will work. I guess I can just try out some 7-string or (more importantly) baritone guitars if it doesn't. Haven't been to GC in quite some time (specifically because they're too expensive).

Oh, and I apologize for not having mentioned this before. I have a $25 GC gift card that is going toward this, as well. Gift card + coupon = definitely buying these headphones.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Try calling their sales people from their website. I'd do it with MF though. They will usually let you apply those coupons to just about anything, and if it doesn't work, try another salesperson. Shouldn't take you too many tries.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: