User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #3461
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
As you say, Rick should have dealt with Pete much sooner. In the comics what was it, 2 issues with the whole Pete arc, one where it was introduced halfway through and one where it was ended halfway through? Hardly enough to justify a whole half season on. I mean, shit, pick up the pace. The show is so slow.

I get that they don't want to be the next Game of Thrones where they've caught up to the original story and don't really know where to go, but I mean ****en shit guys.

Yes, it could have been better (for instance, they could have scratched the whole warehouse episode). But at least it has better pacing than what you guys (not you specifically) propose, like introducing
show
in episode 13 or some shit like that.
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 AM   #3462
CaptainCanti
u failed dis city

is it wrong that I kinda ship gabriel and michonne
Old 03-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #3463
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

I agree that the finale seemed a little underwhelming. Had great tense pacing at times though. But nothing shocking happening at all.

Am slightly annoyed it means we have to put up with more dumb drama to do with Sasha and now Gabriel has gone loopy, and Nicholas vs Glenn is going to either continue or take a lot of redemption meaning screen time to settle.

Rick and Co are probably going to have to put up with some drama with Morgan for killing the living too.

At this point the only thing I got to look forward to is Rick and Jessie getting closer now. Ok the wolves are out there but as mentioned, they're weak as shit compared to the group.

Still am sad this is the end till October because I haven't felt so excited to watch TWD since season 1.

Quote:
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #3464
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanti
is it wrong that I kinda ship gabriel and michonne

I actually ship Michonne and Rick.
Go Richonne!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #3465
chrismendiola
Microphone Assassin

Does anyone remember any shots of Jessie in the last minute or so? A reaction or two would've added something.

EDIT: Also, please note...

Last edited by chrismendiola : 03-31-2015 at 12:25 PM.
chrismendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:13 PM   #3466
nico_9550
usertitle

What am I noting?
nico_9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #3467
Cardbored

Were the writers playing Bloodborne
Cardbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #3468
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

looks more like Infamous Second Son.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #3469
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaw
(for instance, they could have scratched the whole warehouse episode).

Why would you want them to get rid of the best episode in the entire show?

that revolving door scene was everything TWD could be, if it wasnt constantly a disappointment instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
"Everything sucks" - GuitarGod_92, 2014

<3 eastwinn <3
GuitarGod_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #3470
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Did Rick definitely shoot Pete at the end? I definitely thought Deanna was asking him to shoot Reg, to stop him suffering, and then turning.

There was no real clarification.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #3471
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121

Rick was looking down so probs Greg.
metal4eva_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #3472
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_m2k5
Did Rick definitely shoot Pete at the end? I definitely thought Deanna was asking him to shoot Reg, to stop him suffering, and then turning.

There was no real clarification.

Yeah he shot Pete. After Deana talks to him, Rick looks to his side to shoot someone, he doesn't keep staring at Deana/Reg, so he can't be shooting Reg.
Plus, Reg is in Deana's lap. Shooting Reg in the head would most likely injure Deana too.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #3473
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
Nicholas vs Glenn is going to either continue or take a lot of redemption meaning screen time to settle.

the wolves are out there but as mentioned, they're weak as shit compared to the group.

I disagree. The Nicholas and Glenn conflict should be all but settled. Besides when they get back it seems that if Rick doesn't kill Nicholas (for having shot and attempted to kill Glen) then he is a hypocrite; even if Glen argues against it.

After all Rick argued for the death of what's-his-face-wife-beater despite everyone else arguing against the guy's death. He has just executed the man in front of the whole town after the guy proved Rick was right by being a danger to innocent people in Alexandria. Rick's extreme view of decide who to kill was vindicated.

It seems now Rick MUST kill Nicholas or he is a total hypocrite. The only way for Rick to remain consistent and for Nicholas to live, is for Glenn to make up a lie about what happened and how he came to be shot in order to save Nicholas' life. (Again!)

Nicholas was a weak coward and Glen knew the truth about him. Because of this Nicholas perceived Glenn was a threat. This perception coupled with his own guilt about the lives that were lost due to his cowardice is what fuelled his hostility toward Glenn.

But in reality Glenn was never a threat, nor an antagonist toward Nicholas. Glenn was essentially a representation of a truth he didn't want to face. Nicholas' real enemy was himself.

Glenn not only won the fight but spared Nicholas' life. Nicholas should now realize that Glenn is not a threat to him but that he needs to live with himself and find another way forward.

The show also showed the cold harshness of having to make life and death decisions in the Rick vs wife-beater thread, but the Glenn vs Nicholas thread shows compassion, forgiveness, and redemption so that the show can achieve that fine balance between light and dark.

If this turns out to backfire on Glenn and Nicholas continues to fester and later betray Glenn or Alexandria in some way then it would be disappointing.

As for the wolves. They are comparatively weak in that there are only two (maybe three) of them. But they apparently have smarts which can be a greater strength than numbers or might. Plus they have three or four trucks full of zombies (maybe more) which can be a devastating weapon. Alexandria has been trying to resolve inner conflict and still have a lot of weaknesses. With Rick and the gang there, Alexandria is a lot better off. They will start to set up better defences but they still need to iron out there inner politics which is a weakness. So all in all I don't think they are necessarily weak by comparison.

If the wolves came up against Prison Rick, or even the Governor in Woodbury then they would be rather weak by comparison. But Alexandria is also weak by comparison to the Woodbury or the Prison and Rick and the gang still have work to do to make it strong.

TL;DR

I disagree.

The Glenn v Nicholas conflict should have all but ended with their fight.

The wolves are not all that weak by comparison to Alexandria.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #3474
Nero Galon

Having sort of had the next season or so spoiled for me, you're on to something.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #3475
matt bickerton
wants a better username

I watched the first 2 seasons and, overall, I'd say I thoroughly enjoyed them both.

There was then a gap of maybe a year or so until I started season 3, but within 10 minutes of the first episode I realised I just didn't give a shit any more and I could already tell the formula of the next few seasons was going to be 'find new place to live -> shit goes wrong -> leave and find new place to live'. Extraneous characters will come and go, but it's obvious to tell who will somehow miraculously survive zombie attacks that others wouldn't. At this point I decided to give up entirely and turn it off.

Am I basically right? Or do I need to give it more of a chance?
matt bickerton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #3476
Nero Galon

Yes that's kinda right. If you're not enjoying in between then by all means stop watching. When it comes to this show I don't blame anyone for giving up on it.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #3477
bdof

To a point.

It's also def better to watch in large chunks like on Netflix than watch it as a week to week show.
Mother****ing bitch. I'm no fake furry. Why you say that. I been to furry conventions in pittsburgh and such. I even own a bad dragon and such. Sounds like you're a ****ing hater who needs to get bent.
bdof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #3478
Nero Galon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
To a point.

It's also def better to watch in large chunks like on Netflix than watch it as a week to week show.

Eh maybe

I watched season 2-4 in binge style and tbh it sucked ass because the show was shit for the most part. With season 5 I was up to date and waiting weekly and at times I was craving more because I was enjoying it more.

And also there is the benefit of reddit and UG to discuss and joke about each new ep as they're released. Makes for a lot more fun

Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #3479
bdof

We're prob just different then
When I watched Lost, there was no way I would've enjoyed it from week to week.

Maybe I'm just a binge viewing kinda guy though. BrBa, Homeland, The Wire, Dexter, first two seasons of GoT then season 3 a week later, etc. I watched Vikings' first two seasons over a long weekend with my GF and been watching season 3 week to week for the last 2 months, and it's still pretty good.
Mother****ing bitch. I'm no fake furry. Why you say that. I been to furry conventions in pittsburgh and such. I even own a bad dragon and such. Sounds like you're a ****ing hater who needs to get bent.
bdof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #3480
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
Yes that's kinda right. If you're not enjoying in between then by all means stop watching. When it comes to this show I don't blame anyone for giving up on it.

I do find it weird that there is such an obvious formula they follow. With zombie apocalypse, there is suchs cope to create difficult situations which split groups.

If anyone has played the walking dead video games, there's tough decisions all the time which everyone will have different opinions on.

In the TV show it's just as you said.
> new people
> should we trust them? Let's give it a shot
> that didn't work out
> repeat x3 (so far)

To be fair, it was almost looking like there was going to be some disagreement within the group. Rick could have handled the whole wife beater guy on his own and alienated the rest of his own group, created conflict. But instead a boring resolution where wife beater did bad thing, everyone sides with Rick, Rick gets his way, everyone agrees with eachother, boring.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: