Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #5581
bradulator
new sincerity

Good!

It's thanksgiving break and i'm bored mostly.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #5582
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

Remember when we talked? Those were neat times.
uhh_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 AM   #5583
bradulator
new sincerity

OK i'll talk.

I observed a special education classroom for a day for one of my classes and it was on my birthday and it was probably one of the best birthdays i've had. They were super nice. And I started to consider going into the field of special education. But I think I am being naive. Am I being naive? I also watched Oprah interview Tim Shriver (special olympics chairman) for Super Soul Sunday and it made me cry and feel inspired. Am I still being naive?
Old 12-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #5584
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

I don't think so. Sure there are probably some realities and difficulties that you haven't thought about, but that's the case if you go into special education or graphic design or start practicing law. There tends to be really heavy burnout, so be aware of that. I know a great special education teacher that worked with preschool age kids, but she left that position because she got hit or bit or whatever else one too many times. You can't really tell someone to just work through that.

If that is what calls to you, great! Do it. Is there a specific sub-population that you want to work with?
uhh_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #5585
bradulator
new sincerity

Yeah, if I were to do that i'd probably go for the older kid range.

But I have also toyed with going to grad school in history over the past month so who knows if this is just flavor of the month stuff. If I were to do it, i'd probably be a para for a while and do plenty of helping out with special olympics and other stuff like that, just to make sure i'm not being totally dumb about it. But i'll wait it out and continue my current course just in case i'm being naive.

Rate This Thread: