Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #19121
yellowfrizbee
UG's Conversation Analyst
 
yellowfrizbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
I started my MMA training back up this week. So excited. BJJ on Mondays and Fridays and Muay Thai on Wednesdays. Wish I could do more, but my schedule is packed as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxo
I'm currently 5'3 (as if that'll ever change) and 125 lbs, used to be 120 before injury. According to general knowledge I'm fine, but whenever I go to the doctor they always warn me not to put on weight like I'm a borderline case. I've heard it from a gynecologist, dentist, orthopedic surgeon, oncologist, and my GP so far and they all said it like it was the worst thing ever so now I'm a bit scared lol.

Wait why is your Dentist even concerned with your weight?

From what I have seen and know of you, you don't seem to have a problem to me. You look quite petite. I mean, I am not a doctor, but I can't imagine 125 lbs at 5' 3" is dangerous. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know why they're trying to scare you. Keep eating healthy and exercising. If you are really worried about it, see a nutritionist who actually studies that kind of health and will consider all variables before evaluating you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Rice cooker is the best investment you'll make.

So much this. It's like my prized possession. It has improved my life significantly

Quick and easy veggies and rice! Then a nice juicy steak only takes me hardly 5 minutes. Fish is really quick and easy too. Tuna and edamame are my favorite cheap snack/on the go protein sources, though. I don't like nuts.
__________________
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn


Stepco's Master
|MakinLattes for President!|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
yellowfrizbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #19122
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Considering buying some BCAAs now, but not sure what to get exactly.

http://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplemen...6&keywords=BCAA

or

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Pharm-...eywords=bcaa+mp

First one (For $53) gives me 165 days worth at 1kg weight if I dose it the same as the second product, which only lasts 30 days and costs $17. I'm thinking I should just throw down for the big bag as buying an equivalent dosage of the pills would cost me $85 instead of $53.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #19123
NewDayHappy
Tittytwister
 
NewDayHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Considering buying some BCAAs now, but not sure what to get exactly.

http://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplemen...6&keywords=BCAA

or

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Pharm-...eywords=bcaa+mp

First one (For $53) gives me 165 days worth at 1kg weight if I dose it the same as the second product, which only lasts 30 days and costs $17. I'm thinking I should just throw down for the big bag as buying an equivalent dosage of the pills would cost me $85 instead of $53.


What does L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-Isoleucine do?

I've taken Arginine before and I noticed a better pump, but I never heard of those others you listed.
__________________
Martin D16GT
Epiphone SG Special
Marshall DSL40C
Boss DS-1
NewDayHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #19124
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
What does L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-Isoleucine do?

I've taken Arginine before and I noticed a better pump, but I never heard of those others you listed.


Branch Chain Amino Acids that your body can break down into the other 22 essential ones. Useful for rebuilding muscle as you workout.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #19125
NewDayHappy
Tittytwister
 
NewDayHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Branch Chain Amino Acids that your body can break down into the other 22 essential ones. Useful for rebuilding muscle as you workout.


Oh, I have no idea about any of that. Hopefully I'm getting enough BCAAs in from chicken breasts, hamburgers & steak.

Workout log for today:

45 minute hike with the dogs.

30 minutes of cardio on the Max Trainer M3.

Cooking breakfast now (2 Hamburgers and 400g of broccoli), going to workout 2 hours after I eat. Back and chest today. woohoo.
__________________
Martin D16GT
Epiphone SG Special
Marshall DSL40C
Boss DS-1
NewDayHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #19126
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
Oh, I have no idea about any of that. Hopefully I'm getting enough BCAAs in from chicken breasts, hamburgers & steak.

Workout log for today:

45 minute hike with the dogs.

30 minutes of cardio on the Max Trainer M3.

Cooking breakfast now (2 Hamburgers and 400g of broccoli), going to workout 2 hours after I eat. Back and chest today. woohoo.


I know for L-Carnitene, a pound of beef has 200mg but the body can process up to 2g a day, meaning that getting more can be helpful.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #19127
NewDayHappy
Tittytwister
 
NewDayHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
I know for L-Carnitene, a pound of beef has 200mg but the body can process up to 2g a day, meaning that getting more can be helpful.


If you got the money it's worth a try, when I took L-Arginine I noticed way better pumps on it. Maybe once I get more serious about it, I'll look into supples some more. Right now with just a good steady diet and weights 4 days a week, I'm noticing changes in my physique every 2 weeks. No more man boobs! I have pecs again!
__________________
Martin D16GT
Epiphone SG Special
Marshall DSL40C
Boss DS-1
NewDayHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #19128
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
If you got the money it's worth a try, when I took L-Arginine I noticed way better pumps on it. Maybe once I get more serious about it, I'll look into supples some more. Right now with just a good steady diet and weights 4 days a week, I'm noticing changes in my physique every 2 weeks. No more man boobs! I have pecs again!


I'll try it and see if it works, I've been working overtime to justify all the shit I've bought.

Creatine seems to be working, Squats and Incline bench were my bitch today.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.