Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #21
rick4001s

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive e
Hey man. Since making that post I managed to get myself a job as a Guitar Tech, I've worked on hundreds of different guitars and basses, including many of the Chinese instruments you love so much. From what I've seen the amount of time and money you have to put into them to make them into a solid, reliable gigging instrument you're not THAT far short of the real thing. Electronics and hardware need to be replaced and they need to have the frets glued down and dressed.
Any decent CNC machine can produce a uniform product but that also doesn't mean the materials have to be perfect so you see a lot of 4-6 piece bodies, rift-sawn necks and fretboards and etc. The finish? Anyone can be trained to spray a decent poly finish.

That's just my opinion, you obviously enjoy your instruments so who am I to tell you that you shouldn't?

Thanks for your reply.
Yes what you said makes sense, particularly when in Australia, where I live, new RIC's are about $2800 AUD and up. Don't get me wrong, I would love to own original US made guitars, by my finances just don't allow for this. There are obvious flaws with these Chinese instruments. But they are good value. I have done nothing special to acquire them either. I do not know anyone in China and don't receive any special consideration or kickbacks for talking about them. I was just getting tired of the grossly one sided argument against buying guitars from China, from people who know little about the process and have no experience. Sure buying guitars from China can be risky. A little common sense and research goes a long way if you want to safely buy guitars from China.
rick4001s is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: