Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
rabbittroopsux

help with riff from Crossroads (Cream)

How should you use the fretting hand for these two consecutive measures? i can play the rest of the song but i cant see any practical way to play this part.

130 BPM

all bends are grace note bends

two dashes between notes is a 16th, and four, an 8th.

Code:
|-------------------------------------------------------------------| |---------19----19b(20)----19----19b(20)----19----19b(20)----19-----| |-17--17--19----19b(21)----19----19b(21)----19----19b(21)----19-----| |-19--19------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |-19b(20)----19--19b(20)--------19b(20)--------19b(20)--------19b(20)-----------| |-19b(21)----19-------------19-------------19-------------19-------------19-----| |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------| |-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-tx
Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
AndyGray
UG Addict

I'd use my index on the 19th & middle on 17th for the first two notes. Then use my middle to bend up to 21 & 3rd to bend to 20, but I'd bend up to 21 & down to 20 (as in up to you, down away). So basically splitting/diving the strings.

Did that make any sense?
AndyGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
rabbittroopsux

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGray
I'd use my index on the 19th & middle on 17th for the first two notes. Then use my middle to bend up to 21 & 3rd to bend to 20, but I'd bend up to 21 & down to 20 (as in up to you, down away). So basically splitting/diving the strings.

Did that make any sense?

assuming you meant index on the 17th and middle on the 19th in the first sentence, yes. the 2 and three fingers on the 19th fret seem to be the best way. bending down on one string and up on the other isnt something i can pull off, but bending both up with a little more strength on the full bend should be manageable. and bending down for the single bends in the second measure should do it.

it may seem obvious to use the 2 and 3 fingers, but it never crossed my mind;

tx

Rate This Thread: