Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
Ometh
nobody

You should totally take the intro from 6 and make an awesome neoclassic tech death piece. The rest of the song doesn't make the intro justice IMO.
And you should totally write a post-rock song too lol.

EDIT: I should crit the full album sometime, but I've done it before and it's quite the tedious process. Since I can't formulate my ideas as fast as the music plays, I have to pause loads and relisten to sections a bunch, so instead of wasting 30 minutes I waste like 2 hours. Too lazy for that at the moment lol.

EDIT: How long is this btw? 2025 bars is beyond cray.

Last edited by Ometh : 03-15-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

If I knew the first thing about tech death. So much of that song, particularly the intro, is so out of character for me, and I have no idea where it came from. Anything could happen though.

A full crit would be totally cool, but it's unnecessary. I've already recorded the bass for most of the album so it's too late for me to change anything when people have suggestions anyway.

EDIT: About 54 minutes. The songs range from being written 4 years ago to being written a month or two ago, so I've had a lot of material to choose from.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar

Last edited by Macabre_Turtle : 03-15-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
If I knew the first thing about tech death. So much of that song, particularly the intro, is so out of character for me, and I have no idea where it came from. Anything could happen though.

It's really good imo lol. Not cheesy as most neoclassic tech death, and the use of the higher chords in the upper register sounds really cool.
Quote:
A full crit would be totally cool, but it's unnecessary. I've already recorded the bass for most of the album so it's too late for me to change anything when people have suggestions anyway.

No worries lol. And crits are always necessary IMO: and you could always use the advice (if you agree with it) on your future stuff.
Quote:
EDIT: About 54 minutes. The songs range from being written 4 years ago to being written a month or two ago, so I've had a lot of material to choose from.

Holy moly, that's quite a feat. the longest album thing I managed to come up has like 30 minutes lol. The record feels a bit Colors-y too, with every song flowing into each other, that's cool. I used to listen to that record wayy too much lol.

EDIT: And since it's this long, consider making it a double album perhaps. With a couple more songs you could have 2 solid 30 min albums, which IMO is the perfect lenght for most metal and hardcore.

EDIT2: 1299 is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Ometh : 03-15-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
It's really good imo lol. Not cheesy as most neoclassic tech death, and the use of the higher chords in the upper register sounds really cool.

No worries lol. And crits are always necessary IMO: and you could always use the advice (if you agree with it) on your future stuff.

Holy moly, that's quite a feat. the longest album thing I managed to come up has like 30 minutes lol. The record feels a bit Colors-y too, with every song flowing into each other, that's cool. I used to listen to that record wayy too much lol.

EDIT: And since it's this long, consider making it a double album perhaps. With a couple more songs you could have 2 solid 30 min albums, which IMO is the perfect lenght for most metal and hardcore.

Well, I may have to look into some tech death to see if any of it inspires me. I'm having a pretty long lasting writers block right now, not being sure what direction to go in with my writing now that this album is done, so any new influences will be welcome.

Fair enough. I guess there had to be a reason I post this here with the album already being done in the first place, huh?

Yes, many of the songs flowing into each other was very intentional, and the inspiration for that probably came from Colors, as well as Level 2 from Last Chance To Reason.

The interesting thing about this suggestion is that it kind of is two albums pressed together into one, through the creation process. I was with a band where I had written an album, maybe 12 songs long. By the time the band learned to play all of the songs, I had already moved on to writing an EP to follow it up, maybe 6 tracks long. The band broke up, I decided to record the EP myself, but then I took four of the better songs from that first album, added them to the EP, came up with a couple more songs, and voila. The suggestion is actually a really good idea, to just write a few more songs and make it two albums, but unfortunately I'm on time restraints. I'm moving away from my buddy that's doing lyrics and vocals in a few months and we're already way behind on getting this recorded before that happens.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #25
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Well, I may have to look into some tech death to see if any of it inspires me. I'm having a pretty long lasting writers block right now, not being sure what direction to go in with my writing now that this album is done, so any new influences will be welcome.

My sugestion would be to listen to music outside of your confort zone. I used to be a major dumbass and only listen to like 2 genres lol. It managed to put me off music for a few months. I recently discovered I really like the old school ambientish electronic stuff made in the 90's like Aphex Twin and such, and I'm pretty addicted to it lol. Since I've been listening to his stuff and more, I managed to come up with a couple more death metal riffs and tracks lol, and before that I always felt everything I wrote was complete shit and always scrapped (dunno if it's the same thing for you or anyone but writer's block kinda means self loathe too lol). This is a pretty major rant oh well.
Quote:
Fair enough. I guess there had to be a reason I post this here with the album already being done in the first place, huh?

Crits are always important IMO. Normally when I compose I either really like or loathe what I do, and having someone not biased give their opinion lets me know where to go or what to do lol.
Quote:
Yes, many of the songs flowing into each other was very intentional, and the inspiration for that probably came from Colors, as well as Level 2 from Last Chance To Reason.

Yeah I figured lol.
Quote:
The interesting thing about this suggestion is that it kind of is two albums pressed together into one, through the creation process. I was with a band where I had written an album, maybe 12 songs long. By the time the band learned to play all of the songs, I had already moved on to writing an EP to follow it up, maybe 6 tracks long. The band broke up, I decided to record the EP myself, but then I took four of the better songs from that first album, added them to the EP, came up with a couple more songs, and voila. The suggestion is actually a really good idea, to just write a few more songs and make it two albums, but unfortunately I'm on time restraints. I'm moving away from my buddy that's doing lyrics and vocals in a few months and we're already way behind on getting this recorded before that happens.

Hmm, makes sense since while the songs are pretty similar song writing wise, I can kinda tell your evolution from some tracks to others lol. Maybe an album and an EP?
Or maybe I'm totally wrong and it might not feel so long to others, dunno lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
slap-a-bass
Slapper of the bass

DUDE! i love your time signatures and the riffs are sick as **** keep up the good work, c4c these!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591970
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...29#post31188929
slap-a-bass is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: