Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #1961
Banjocal
feck

What are good comics for Doom outside of just reading through all of FF? I've been reading through the Marquis of Death arc and love the idea of a human capable of taking out Galactus + co.
Banjocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:37 PM   #1962
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjocal
What are good comics for Doom outside of just reading through all of FF? I've been reading through the Marquis of Death arc and love the idea of a human capable of taking out Galactus + co.

Books of Doom, Emperor Doom and Triump and Torment are my favorite doom books. Plus, in the current Secret Wars, Doom is kicking ass (I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it at that)
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #1963
Baby Joel
just you and i

my Sandman all ten volumes collection thing arrived in the post
it's awesome

now I am cool

also, die and dye

lostboys http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/lostboys/

th official homophone thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675125

the serious thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1675340
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #1964
Ablast

Anyone read Justice League #42?? Holy crap.
show

I haven't read Battleworld yet, but Batman #42, Superman #42 and Justice League #42 are the best comics so far this month. Spider man and Secret Wars were good but DCs comics surprised me this month; except for Green Arrow and Green Lantern, I was kind of disappointed
Old 07-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #1965
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

oh yeah, so how about that leaked Deadpool trailer?

looks BIIIIIITCHIN!!!

"big chrome **** gobbler"
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #1966
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo

looks BIIIIIITCHIN!!!

I haven't seen it ive been wanting to see the Xmen trailer, the deadpool trailer and the friggin Warcraft trailer
Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #1967
bdof

I'm really loving this relationship that Stephen King has established with Marvel these last couple of years.

First, we get the childhood story of Roland from The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass, then there's 4 more graphic novels about the fall of Gilead and his first Ka-tet getting shattered. Loved those books when they came out, and found out I still love them after not reading them for years.

Then he does a 6 book graphic novel of one of my favorite stories ever: The Stand.

Then there's 5 more books of Roland from The Dark Tower that followed the The Battle for Jericho Hill that ended up leading up to and animating the entire first Dark Tower book: The Gunslinger. This was followed up by another book that just seemed to cover some missing plots of the past.

So I figured that was actually where it would appropriately end. Then just the other day, while I was was looking on Amazon for one the one book in the series that I lost, I see that not only has there been another release. Not only that, but it's followed by another one that will be done in like September. So I click on it the wiki and it says "The Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three".

I couldn't have believed in my wildest daydreams that they would eventually (over the course of over 30-40 books and likely 15-20 years at this rate) completely animate the entire Dark Tower series, but that looks like that's exactly what they're doing

I know very well that no one in here might care about it, since it's not a popular comic/graphic novel series, but maybe there will be one other person in here that might Hope to see you, and Thankee-Sai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
when it comes down to it, i'm really inadequate
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #1968
Banjocal
feck

You all NEED to read this. Gut-punchingly somber and about as joyful and hopeful as the artwork, with a bit of a silver lining just occasionally glinting through.

(the below contains no spoilers)
Quote:
A Monster Calls is a low fantasy novel written for children by Patrick Ness "from an original idea by Siobhan Dowd", illustrated by Jim Kay, and published by Walker in 2011.[1] Set in present-day England, it features a boy who struggles to cope with the consequences of his mother's terminal cancer; he is serially visited in the middle of the night by a monster who tells stories

Quote:

looks BIIIIIITCHIN!!!

Tbh I'm wary. It's all Daniel Way-esqe dick jokes and no depth. the support characters look like they're from an early 2000s goth shite flick. No allusion to Ajax, no real look into the torture and no semblance of ANY plot.

Last edited by Banjocal : 07-17-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Banjocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #1969
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjocal
Tbh I'm wary. It's all Daniel Way-esqe dick jokes and no depth. the support characters look like they're from an early 2000s goth shite flick. No allusion to Ajax, no real look into the torture and no semblance of ANY plot.

I figured Deadpool would work better in a show (probably in premium cable so there arent any problems with dialogue or shit like that). The current ninja turtles show has a format I think would work; throw some funny around for a bit while working towards a big plot, something other than saying f*ck all the time and metahumor
Old 07-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #1970
Ablast

A friend of mine was hoping DC would do a return of the joker story in their DCCU, and i agree; i think that'd be cool
Old 07-26-2015, 04:31 AM   #1971
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

I just read Spider-Man: Blue

It brought on a bit of the feels.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #1972
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

anyone read Deadly Class? i just kinda stumbled upon it while looking for some Reagan Youth artwork. looks interesting.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #1973
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
anyone read Deadly Class? i just kinda stumbled upon it while looking for some Reagan Youth artwork. looks interesting.

I read 4 or 5 issues of it. I don't remember much about it, but I recall liking it. Maybe I'll go back to it.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: