|10-06-2012, 04:27 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
DO NOT BUY FROM "crazydavesmusic"
DO NOT BUY FROM "crazydavesmusic" ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER !!! "crazydavesmusic" advertise predominantly on eBay here's my story.
I purchased a set of Fender noiseless pickups from "crazydavesmusic" from eBay, they were advertised as "New" including "Upgraded controls (Pots) & caps" ... the item arrived 3 weeks later with the following defects -
1. NOT NEW - The packet inside post pack was not sealed, the insert inside the packet was scratched and damaged as if the pickups had been removed regularly, the pickups were loose and rolling around inside the Fender packet.
2. The rubber pickup height adjusters were all through the Fender packet because plastic zip bag had a hole in it so it obviously was NOT NEW.
3. As stated on eBay "Upgraded controls (Pots) & caps" these were not included WTF?? (They have now changed this on eBay)
4. I ordered "White" I got cream or aged white !
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY - All 3 of the pickups were damaged and unusable by any pro - 2 had coil wires broken where it crosses the lip (bottom of pickup) from coil to pot wiring and 1 had coil wire totally broken away from the solder point on the lip, it was "blowin in the wind" and as you may or may not know these pickups are a bitch to repair.
6. No attempt was made to securely pack the item for international travel and I doubt it would have survived a national trip as I stated all the pickups were all loose and rattling around inside item box.
So I contacted "crazydavesmusic" they tried to spin some bullshit about it slipping through from Fender...AZIF !!
After a couple of emails they agreed to replace the pickups, I was to send them back at my expense and "crazydavesmusic" would credit my paypal account for freight and I was told that "crazydavesmusic" would throw in a guitar cable for my trouble.
Well get this ... the second set arrived 3 weeks later with the following problems and also conveniently after my Paypal dispute expired -
1. Again no packing the pickups were once again rolling around inside the Fender packet, they arrived exactly as the first set did.
2. No "Upgraded controls (Pots) & caps" again even after "crazydavesmusic" was told they failed to send it in the first set.
3. GET this "crazydavesmusic" even neglected to throw in the Free Guitar cable as they promised.
4. I am still waiting for a credit to my Paypal account for the return freight (it ain't gonna happen)
5. Once again and with sheer luck only 1 pickup had coil wires broken where it crosses the lip (bottom of pickup) from coil to pot wiring, the connection from the coil to the solder point was still good, I installed them and WTF they all worked for how long I don't know !
So I gave "crazydavesmusic" a chance to redeem themselves my email to them was a bit staunch but hey I'd been tooled around for too long ... you know what they did ? "crazydavesmusic" sent it to eBay to have me banned !! WTF !!
In conclusion I found "crazydavesmusic" to totally dishonest & unprofessional, if your in the game you need a reliable dealer for your gear my suggestion is to look elsewhere or you will be Badly jipped by "crazydavesmusic".
|Thread Tools||Rate This Thread|