Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Dregen
andy, you're a star

they want blood (post-hardcore) [gpx, mp3] C4C

guitars and such are a bit heavier than usual, drums are fast-paced and messy, maybe a little too much at some bits. i just finished this last night after getting stuck on it for a week and a half. i need to still level a couple parts out because gpx sometimes gets volume discrepancies with different dynamics. and like i mentioned, still need to clean up the drums a bit more before i can call it finished.

tried something a bit different with the drums at the middle clean section with the 11/8. some polyrhythmic thing, the snares/cymbals are accenting like a 2/4, but each beat is 5.5 eighth notes (11 sixteenths) long. essentially i cut the 11/8 in half and accented each beginning and halfway points. it sounds like it kind of works to me, but really, that doesn't necessarily mean it does.

anywho. feel free to give any sort of criticism, good, bad, long, short, whatevs. mp3 will be on my profile shortly, for those who don't have gpx. if you make any sort of comment, feel free to drop a link to your song on here and i'll crit it.

lastly... don't have the time to fix up everything in gp5 to make it listenable. probably would end up spending 2 to 3 hours just trying to get the dynamics and accents on the drums to sound right.

thanks in advance.

(whew)
Attached Files
File Type: gpx they want blood.gpx (74.0 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by Dregen : 10-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
allthatichug

Like it. Very DGD-esque.

Only thing I would change is that the verse(?) felt too long (the same riff just kept going on for like 2 minutes). I guess it's better with lyrics. Bar 97-125 is gold but the bit straight after just hurt my ears. Couldn't work out how that was meant to sound.
allthatichug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatichug
Like it. Very DGD-esque.

Only thing I would change is that the verse(?) felt too long (the same riff just kept going on for like 2 minutes). I guess it's better with lyrics. Bar 97-125 is gold but the bit straight after just hurt my ears. Couldn't work out how that was meant to sound.

definitely think the verse would work better with lyrics, that was my intention with it.

and the part after the 11/8 bit is my favorite part it was meant to be a climax of sorts, i wanted that part to have a sort of shock value to it.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: