Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #8641
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw
 
genghisgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
What should first date conversation be like? Just got done with one and it was fine enough but we didn't really 'talk' about anything. Just caught up on stuff (went to hs together but never really knew each other)

anything? she seems receptive to a second date based off our texting now so should I focus on diving more deeply vis a vis conversation?
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #8642
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
Honestly? It does not matter what you talk about. What matters is how you make her feel while you converse. That is what resonates with people and especially women. But to be effective in conversation you have to drive it without commandeering it, a fine line between slightly boring and slightly excessive. Being predictable is bad--being quick witted and sharp and unpredictable is attractive. Sometimes when im talking to a girl i just throw in the most random of things that i know based off her body language will make her laugh and she definitely was not expecting.

The most interesting people aren't interesting people because of the topics they choose to talk about. They are interesting people because of their charisma and personality.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #8643
Shredx
Inuendo King
 
Shredx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
Honestly? It does not matter what you talk about. What matters is how you make her feel while you converse. That is what resonates with people and especially women. But to be effective in conversation you have to drive it without commandeering it, a fine line between slightly boring and slightly excessive. Being predictable is bad--being quick witted and sharp and unpredictable is attractive. Sometimes when im talking to a girl i just throw in the most random of things that i know based off her body language will make her laugh and she definitely was not expecting.

The most interesting people aren't interesting people because of the topics they choose to talk about. They are interesting people because of their charisma and personality.


So much this - I've had first dates where convo has been fine (we talked about many interesting topics) but was no spark, where as the last few ive had, conversation hasnt been as flowing or as smart or w/e, but have been more confident and witty and its paid off
__________________
Debut Album Available!!

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #8644
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw
 
genghisgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
what if I don't have charm or charisma? or what can I do to fake that I do?
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #8645
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
Do the same thing i did many years ago when i struggled with being shy. Just fake it until it's natural and real. I can't tell you exactly what to do or say, but what i can tell you is when you're talking to a girl, push the envelope i little bit more each time with what you'd normally be comfortable saying. Yolo. If you think of something and then quickly tell yourself you shouldn't say it, say it anyways. You'll be surprised with how much a girl will let you get away with conversationally if she's into you, lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #8646
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw
 
genghisgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
If you think of something and then quickly tell yourself you shouldn't say it, say it anyways. You'll be surprised with how much a girl will let you get away with conversationally if she's into you, lol.

hanging out with my friends who are like that I'm learning this but it's still hard, you know how that shit goes. I really do have nothing to lose with this girl so she can be good practice.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #8647
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
Honestly, it's a stupid app and a shitty way to meet a girl, but you can practice on tinder. It's actually pretty good to practice bantering and what works and what doesn't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #8648
Shredx
Inuendo King
 
Shredx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandhi
hanging out with my friends who are like that I'm learning this but it's still hard, you know how that shit goes. I really do have nothing to lose with this girl so she can be good practice.


I've been up and down on confidence stuff since I was 18. For me it really depends on person to person. But pretending to be confident in certain situations is definately a good way to start until you realise in what situations you are actually confident in and then you can work around or feed on that with women
__________________
Debut Album Available!!

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #8649
Fisheth24
I play Bass.
 
Fisheth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Update...

Going to see her in a couple of weeks, we've not set a date yet. But things are looking up.
__________________
One of the winners of UG's No Fap February 2015.
Gear:

Vintage Modified Squier Jazz V
BC Rich WMD Widow 5
Vintage EST96 (Musicman copy)

JCM 800
Orange Bass Terror
Harley Benton 4X10.
Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #8650
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw
 
genghisgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
overtexting her, classic genghis problem. giving her all the upper hand - I have absolutely no hand now.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #8651
Fisheth24
I play Bass.
 
Fisheth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Well. Apparently her friend said she's "happy for us" welp. She's talking like there's an us now. This is a good start.

Thanks to this friend I met her, so it's all great right now.

Another thing is that she's still good friends with her ex and living with him... What do I do about this guys? I'm thinking of staying out of the way if possible
__________________
One of the winners of UG's No Fap February 2015.
Gear:

Vintage Modified Squier Jazz V
BC Rich WMD Widow 5
Vintage EST96 (Musicman copy)

JCM 800
Orange Bass Terror
Harley Benton 4X10.
Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.