Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #41
jetwash69

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriefish
I am in fact the one who wants to put a vibrato bar on my Gibson Robot. I've asked many different people, and I've e-mailed Gibson who never e-mailed me back. No one seems to know if it's even possible.

1. The company that makes the Robot hardware for Gibson (http://www.tronical.com/)also made a version of it for the Fender Stratocaster. You could buy it as a kit for either guitar, and it worked with the Strat trem IIRC. Doesn't look like they still sell that kit anymore for Strats since now they have an alternative kit that fits on the back of the headstock and has much less invasive installation procedures. Perhaps they'll be more responsive to your questions than Gibson was.

2. Did you say it's an LP Robot? I know a guy who retrofitted his LP with a Bigsby trem. It mounted onto the existing hardware already in the guitar intended for the TOM bridge, so there was no drilling necessary. I think this is what he has: http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/...CFYSe4AodZ0UA1g but I'm not 100% sure. It's less than $150.

PM me if you figure it out...

Thanks.

Last edited by jetwash69 : 02-21-2013 at 02:27 AM.
jetwash69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #42
marjoriefish

It's an SG. Thanks for the idea to e-mail Tronical. I'll see if they write back.
marjoriefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #43
jetwash69

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriefish
It's an SG. Thanks for the idea to e-mail Tronical. I'll see if they write back.

OK. Yeah, that bridge probably wouldn't work on an SG without some highly undesirable adaptations.

Good luck w/Tronical.
jetwash69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: