Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  

Old 11-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #221
Will Lane
Tech 21 Sansamp Liverpool (VOX AC Simulation)

72 Reissue Thinline Tele - Liverpool - Mackie Onyx Blackjack - Audacity

As an actual one-trick-pony it better do a good trick. In the sound mediums I have heard (headphones, computer speakers, etc.) it sounds pretty good. I have not heard it in a full sound system, ~FRFR. I am curious how the line-out from VOX's own VT ranges sounds in comparison. For $169 new it is kind of steep for what it is. I would try to find used. But let the demo speak to you and see if new is worth it for you. It grows on me the more I listen to it, it seems.

Most of the recording uses the pedal settings that is suggested by Tech 21. The first bit is their "clean" setting. At about :40 is the "Singing AC30". At 1:52 is the "Tom Petty" crunch. At 2:30 is the "Brian May" crunch. At 3:30 I start setting it up to my tastes. I play with the speaker sim on the entire clip except for a bit around 3:38.

Edit: Here is another one. Signal chain is 72' Reissue Tele - Chellee Ponyboy - Liverpool - Zoom G3 - Mackie Onyx Blackjack. https://soundcloud.com/celestialcan...erpool-direct-2
P&W guitar is pretty much just U2 + enough reverb wash to cover up my shoddy playing.
Originally Posted by someguyontgpnamed topo morto
"Get up, turn up the mix level and wash your sins away!"

Last edited by Will Lane : 11-18-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Will Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #222
G G & A - B A B Y
I think I got all of all of these new ones OK. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Will Lane
Also, why not sticky this thread? It would help a lot for people to easily access this, our dedicated "post sound from thing" thread. I had to search in my previous postings to find it again.

This thread can be found in the Rules and Resources sticky at the bottom of the page that has a bunch of dedicated threads. Let me know if you don't find it. It is in there with the 'Pictures of ma rig' thread.
311ZOSOVHJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: