Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
ItsDropDNick

post-hardcore album [GP5][C4C]

No song titles as of yet, so I've just numbered them. First song is just an intro. The songs are pretty diverse, I certainly wouldn't say they're all post hardcore songs, but that is probably the biggest influence on my stuff. Also occasionally a bit of polymetric stuff in some of the songs. Let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SONGS.zip (54.2 KB, 240 views)
ItsDropDNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
frankibo
UG Board King

1 was very boring.
2 is much better, liked the string part and the main guitar riff.
3 is already showing a tendency for harmonic minor, chugging and other generic ness. Right on cue a metalcore pedal riff comes in.
4 is better, the little arpeggios in the riff are nice.
5 has a good opening riff. Not the most original thing ever but it works well.
6 makes a change from harmonic minor or major.
7 makes for a nice change of pace, very pretty. Very uplifting.
8 is based on a good idea, but it just needs tweaking. It's a bit of a mess and lacks coherence.
9 is as generic as balls. ABR esque.
10 is another generic fest. ADTR esque.
11 reminded me of Avenged Sevenfold.
12 is yet another generic fest.
13 could do without those 3 snare hits in a row at the beginning, sounded odd. Didn't really like this song much.
Over all, a lot sounds like generic metalcore. There were good moments though, it's all well written enough.
It's like you have something against open hihats, ride cymbals and toms, considering how many songs there are you've avoided them a lot.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

You totally ****ing ripped off Surreal State of Enlightenment by Textures on track 1.

@ 1:09

Overall, I guess you could say that all your influences are proudly displayed on your sleeves but are held together with sticky tape and coloured in with highlighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
ItsDropDNick

Yeah im totally about the harmonic minor shit. Thats just how it is :P
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
ItsDropDNick

Also, despite being hated around here, I think ABR and ADTR are awesome, so I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDropDNick
Also, despite being hated around here, I think ABR and ADTR are awesome, so I'll take that as a compliment.

Its a shame that no one could ever take direct plagerism as a compliment. How the hell can you live with yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
ItsDropDNick

plagiarism? Though similar, I assure you I've never heard of that band or song before in my life.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
crzywhiteboy
Too Cool To Post

calm down pitbulls its there only so many notes on a guitar..
crzywhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
Rokkstar

He's saying you copied ABR and ADTR. Plagiarism is not a band. lol. Plagiarism means copying with giving credit.

Edit:

1-5 felt so weak. Sorry brah. I didn't even have the patience to listen through them... It gets old with the regular open to eight stuff. :\

Gotta say. #6 is SO DDAAAAYUUUM SICK. I don't think it's generic..? lol But dude, you nailed it with that one. This is like... One of the best things in the whole dang world. Dude. I didn't want this one to end brah. lol. lol. lol. LIke wtffff. What's wrong with you dude. :'( At least make a continuation. This one's beast. That shows where your creativity is.

#7 is another one that I can listen to all the way without skipping. Good job right here. It's borderline though... Still makes it through... This should totally lead into the album and then into #6.

#8 is based out of the relative major of the basic resort-to D-minor scale... But it's awesome... I think it's so smooth. DOn't like the 11/8 measures though. I bet it will sound awesome as a recorded version. The guitar harmonies around 120~ are awesome. I love the riff right after the 11/8 part... Just not the 11/8 part. 140 on was perfect dude. Perfect. Like me. jk. One thing I'd change when you're doing 3 -> 8 -> 10 don't go down to 7... It'd sound much brighter. And that drop almost hurts me. lol.

I'll pass on 9... Didn't get my focus..

#10... You got my focus right off the bat. I dig it so hard. And to frankibo... I've listened to ADTR in my day... and I can't see it. :\ I don't know where you see it. 67 was kinda forced it sounded like. I really like 76 even though it's blueprint is typical I love it. 100 was kinda alright until 101... I feel like you could've went without this whole section... I'm glad you brought back the intro and that riff at the end was awesome. I enjoyed this song thoroughly.

#11 definitely didn't keep my focus.. but I can see why he thinks it sounds like A7X... It uses all their cliches.

#12 didn't sound awful... But it's something I didn't get interested in... It's definitely generic.

#13. Speed it up to 190 and I can listen to the whole thing. Otherwise it's way too slow... But this is pretty swell again. I like it a lot.

Strongest track was 6 and everything else I noted. I'm not too big of a fan of the other stuff.... Good job on the stuff that I said good work on.

Crit4Crit? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1551984

Also... Check out my pop punk band's recording if you're interested! It's in my sig!

Last edited by Rokkstar : 12-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
ItsDropDNick

Oh god lol. I know what it means, I was referring to the song he posted x)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Rokkstar

I edited my post and included something worth your while.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
ItsDropDNick

Awesome. Thanks. I'll get round to checking it out tomorrow I don't see the ADTR comparison either, let alone suggesting that it's verging on plagiarism hah.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Its a shame that no one could ever take direct plagerism as a compliment. How the hell can you live with yourself?

What is your problem, dude? Yes, it does sound very similar but why would that be a reason kill yourself? You should start being nicer to people, being mean will do you no good.

OT: I liked most of the songs, 7 was a really nice listen!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #14
ItsDropDNick

I thought exactly this. There was no need for it at all. I've seen the comments epi posts on metalcore album reviews, and as a result have very little consideration for his biased opinion.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
frankibo
UG Board King

Yeah don't listen to Epi. I can be a dick sometimes but he takes it to an unnecessary next level.
Listening back I have to say I don't hear the ADTR, not sure what I was on about. Maybe just the whole upbeat post hardcore was enough for me at that moment.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: