Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
slayer_rule_\m/
Nothing is good.

Haim

Surprised no one made a thread already!
Anyone else a fan? They're a very recent thing for me, couldn't quite get into them at first but now I'm actually really enjoying them.

So yeah...errrm discuss?

slayer_rule_\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
frankv
Her?

They have some cool songs, yeah. Not sure what it is, but there's something infectious about it.
frankv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
slayer_rule_\m/
Nothing is good.

Infectious is indeed the right word!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Lonewolfcub

Love the album. Very catchy melodies and a great groove that makes me think of R&B/80s/Fleetwood Mac type influences. And then top it off that they are all sisters, young musicians that play multiple instruments, what's not to like? I'm pretty sure they are heading off to tour with Phoenix in Europe for an extended period. That would be a cool show to see.
Lonewolfcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
slayer_rule_\m/
Nothing is good.

Oh yeah! They're coming to the UK soon/next year too, would be great to seem them!

I think my friends saw them at iTunes festival? (I think?) Este apparently gave out her phone number to the crowd .
Old 11-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
roushsn95

I really liked "Falling" when I heard it back in June or July on SeriusXM. Since then they've been playing the shit out of "The Wire". I can't stand that song anymore.

I'd go see them. Though I wonder what kind of crowd they would have.
roushsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
slayer_rule_\m/
Nothing is good.

My mate saw them at Reading festival before he even knew them, he thought they were awesome.

I really like this live version.

Really unpolished/different to the studio, but I love it.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
splod

Bringing this thread back up because I just saw them at the opening night of their North American tour at The Fillmore in San Francisco this past Wednesday night.

I was blown. a. way.

I'd been thoroughly enjoying the album, but wasn't sure what they'd be like live since the album is pretty heavily produced. Man, were my fears unfounded. These chicks can play, especially Danielle, the lead singer/guitarist. :O Listen to the album and imagine a blues rock version: that's what they're like live.
splod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
Bushonmyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by splod
Bringing this thread back up because I just saw them at the opening night of their North American tour at The Fillmore in San Francisco this past Wednesday night.

I was blown. a. way.

I'd been thoroughly enjoying the album, but wasn't sure what they'd be like live since the album is pretty heavily produced. Man, were my fears unfounded. These chicks can play, especially Danielle, the lead singer/guitarist. :O Listen to the album and imagine a blues rock version: that's what they're like live.

Totally agree. Saw them for the first time at Coachella last weekend and they were great. Enjoyed the album when it came out but I can't help but feel disappointed listening to it now after hearing how much better they are live. And as for Danielle... just wow.
Bushonmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
splod

At the show in SF their parents were there on vacation and they made an appearance on stage, which was cool. What was even cooler was that after the show was over, my buddy went to the merch counter to buy us both shirts (he owed me haha), and I ducked into a side hallway to get away from the crowd, and who was there but Mrs. Haim! Chatted with her for a good five minutes. Very sweet and down-to-earth lady; they're a close family, which makes me appreciate them even more. I think I made a good impression on her, and I gave her a hug before she left. As soon as she was gone I kicked myself for not thinking of asking her to give Danielle my number.

Vox AC30CC1

JHS Morning Glory > EHX Pitch Fork > MXR 10-band EQ > Behringer Echo M. > Behringer Reverb M.
splod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
roushsn95

I watched their Coachella performance a few weeks back and to be honest, I didn't think they sounded very good, though Falling and Don't Save Me I thought they sounded great.

I give it to them, they were having fun. Maybe just nerves. I could have seen them at Big Guava but I went to New Orleans Jazz Fest instead. Maybe next time.
roushsn95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: