Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #421
lapwing_47

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I have a naturally very limited baritone range, and on the bassier end of baritone. I have a real issue in this range at the point that you might call the passagio. All the forums and info I can find suggest that I'm a bass. I can't sing a decent E4 without straining, infact I tighten up on the D4 ( this E4 is where I flip into head voice or falsetto- I'm not sure of the difference right now of these two terms).

So with my current range I clearly can't sing any rock/pop covers of some my favourites artists without transposing them down at least three semitones for the most part. Even then I still seem at my limit, and lowering it even more (even with some clever chord voicing on guitar) makes the songs dreary and boring. I'm a bit stuck with this. Basically, I want to know whether I'm totally wasting my time trying to sing these songs in , or close, to the original keys, or whether my technique is awful and I'm not actually accessing a lot of my voice. The only recording I have online of me singing is a some snippet of a fleet foxes cover, see link below. I'd appreciate any comments/help. Even if that help is "stop singing!".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z9ii3z8i3nkkic/test.mp3

Thanks
lapwing_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #422
lapwing_47

Anyone?
lapwing_47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: