Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  

Old Today, 09:11 AM   #37581
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo at #33625456
i had the Mew card you got for seeing it on opening night.

don't know where it went tho.
I used to collect the cards on the first generation, never learned how to play that game though. Looked terrible compared to Magic: The Gathering, so I never really bothered. I just wanted to get them all
seventh_angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #37582
UG Monkey
Originally Posted by AnnihiSlateR at #33625267
I saw P2000 when it came out and had it on vhs too. But I baught it again on DVD a few years ago and rewatched it, and you know what, it holds up.

As mentioned above the further you go into the films (I think I've seen 8 or so) the more formulaic they get. But with 2000 I think they got it right. The sense of scope and grandeur, the mythology, the music, the story, the vibrancy of the animation. I feel like it come together and has the heart, cool factor, and excitement to make it a great film.

I can understand this perspective (I don't remember it too much other than that opening short with a bunch of grass types, 'we all live in a pokemon world', lugia talking, and that 3D-ish scene of ash running down a falling sphere/building).

I always imagined a legit good pokemon film could be made if there was no ash + friends, the story was told from the pokemon's perspective (the humans come in later), basically no influence from the tv series (the pokemon don't just say their names and stuff), really good animation and music, actually good battle scenes, and if they went full on (but not taking itself too seriously) with the animal rights/'meaning of life' themes rather than a film about nothing basically. then again that's like the entire point of a pokemon movie so it'd just defeat the purpose.

basically I've always wanted to make an animated animal film with a lot of no dialogue scenes, and pokemon being fictional could actually make it feel really 'mysterious' and 'charming' or w/e. and then they could make a companion game that is from the human perspective, which will still involve catching pokemon but would be somewhat based on the film therefore not just another collect badges type of game. hmu nintendo/etc.
UG's #1 hottest, SAFE LINK!!!

slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: