Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #81
OliOsbourne

Pretty much anything fender or gibson

All the ones I've tried at guitar stores have been uncomfortable or just set up poorly

Although there was this one les paul studio at my guitar center that played really well

Where's Waldo?

show
show
show
show
show
show
show
OliOsbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #82
KingSwedefire

I love everything about the SG other than the neck. Too top heavy and too wide for what I'm used to (Fender necks)
KingSwedefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #83
SteveHOC
Used Register

Based purely on looks alone, I hate the neon colored guitars. Every time I go to GC, some little shredder dirt bag has an amp cranked and is playing some variation of "Eruption" on repeat. Hate the look, can't deal with the people I've seen play them. I want to like them as a sort of novelty, but I can't even get that far.

I really want to like them for younger players, as I could see them appealing to the teenage crowd, but those "bros" really turn me off. Also, GC employees hate that. You're not Petrucci. Turn it down.
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #84
Ghostmaker

Gibson SG Supreme

Bar none the best looking SG I've ever seen, and among the prettiest guitars I've ever seen. But I just don't like the way they feel.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #85
DJ Dunzie

I guess I'm a rarity in that I get along pretty good with Les Pauls, and really good with Strats at the same time... seems this thread indicates you can't love both. LOL

What I've had more trouble with are Telecasters (have owned 2 and LOVE the look of them and many guys who play them). I just don't get the sounds I want out of them and don't jive with the sounds that do come out. I really want to get in synch with them someday because I like the look and feel of them.

Also, my Epiphone ES-339PRO was a true disappointment. It's such a great looking guitar and felt so good, even got along ok with the neck and fretboard. But it sounded awful. No amount of setup or tweaking made the thing sound anything better than at least a little muffled and muddy.
DJ Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #86
halfj06

I like the looks and specs of the non gaudy schecters .. necks feel fine once a sand the shine off the back.. but everytime I'm playing one , regardless of what pickups are in there or amp.. its always muddy sounding
halfj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #87
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

I don't play well with Les Pauls or HSS Strats. The former is too...clunky for my tastes and the neck feels too wide (not thick, I like thick necks).
The latter doesn't feel natural to me and the humbucker never really sounds very good (at least for what I play).
the only HSS strat style guitar I ever really enjoyed was the Godin Velocity. love that guitar.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #88
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
the only HSS strat style guitar I ever really enjoyed was the Godin Velocity. love that guitar

I just missed out on getting a used one with the natural finish for @$400- those things kick ass!

I saw it on the wall at GC where it had been hanging a while, and I needed to wait about a month (I have bought a metric crap-ton of gear this year)...but someone else apparently saw me give it a workout, and bought it soon after I left the store.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #89
tybacca60

Les Paul's.Seems like everyone I play I can't get comfortable with the neck....Shame cause I love look and sound of them..
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
tybacca60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #90
HomerSGR
What?

I own a Les Paul, a Strat, a Super-Strat, 2 Teles, V:s, and other guitars. The only guitar I never truly have appreciated is the Gibson SG. It just feels to fragile.

My Yamaha SG is the heaviest guitar I've ever tried - and it is my favourite along with my Strat. Weight is no issue. Neither is neck, fretboard, radius, pickups or whatever. I may prefer a guitar over another for some particular sound, but there's few models I hate for other reasons than that a particular guitar may be poorly built or so.

"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

*How you know you have too many guitars...
HomerSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #91
BoneAndDream

i wish some RGs came stock with EMGs

umad?
BoneAndDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #92
jtees4

Strat. I've bought and sold over ten of all types because I always felt I had to have one...but they just don't agree with me. Have one for sale right now in fact.
jtees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #93
BoneAndDream

also, really.."fancy" looking guitars. for example the steve vai jem. the gold, the vine inlay, it all makes it seem too hoity toity. i like my guitars solid and functional. like the ESP M-II. That is my dream guitar. I don't like cumbersome
BoneAndDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #94
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneAndDream
also, really.."fancy" looking guitars. for example the steve vai jem. the gold, the vine inlay, it all makes it seem too hoity toity. i like my guitars solid and functional. like the ESP M-II. That is my dream guitar. I don't like cumbersome

Yeah, I was looking at JEMs once and my wife thought they were hideously ugly.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:26 AM   #95
Wild_One

seriously, I would love, and i will buy the ibanez rga 420, if only....

they removed the dot inlay, the edge zero trem (i prefer gibraltar custom bridge) and the LZ pickups. It's just a meh for me

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Technical Difficulties (Cover)
Wild_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #96
JustRooster
Organ Donor

I still want a silverburst Explorer.

BUCKY