User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #23901
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
A coworker bought a boat last year. I'll just leech off him.

That's very financially responsible of you, every cost-related acronym or joke you've ever heard about boat ownership is sadly true!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #23902
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Exactly... he told me in a nutshell "man it's fun to be on a boat but it's NOT fun owning one"

And yes, I'm very financially responsible. I just bought a 2nd car to slow the depreciation and maintenance cost curve of my other car.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote:
But our Band is Listana
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #23903
dark Mass
ZORK

Quote:
Damn... having to find 100oct must be a pain especially for a car that drinks gas so quickly. If you were on the east coast you'd have no problem getting 93 at least... it's all 93 here.

lol I'm always getting followed by WRXs, it's uncanny.

Yeah since the only place that sells it that isn't Laguna Seca is a fleet fueling center with VP Racing Fuels VP100. Which cost $1100 for my monthly refill and delivery of the two 54gal drums I have.

Anyways here in CA it's a whole bunch of kids with bucket civics following me.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:18 AM   #23904
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

dont kill me but i've always been 100% down to forgo a house and buy an 80-90 foot houseboat for slightly less than a condo mortgage. being near water does this weird thing to me where i just get super calm and centred and i live near some nice harbours so the idea appeals to me greatly
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #23905
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Something along those lines Ace ?

Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #23906
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
dont kill me but i've always been 100% down to forgo a house and buy an 80-90 foot houseboat for slightly less than a condo mortgage. being near water does this weird thing to me where i just get super calm and centred and i live near some nice harbours so the idea appeals to me greatly

I can see the appeal. I strongly considered a similar approach when I was single because a very nice boat came up for $68k, with $80/mo. slip fees and effectively no property tax in comparison to a home.

But sport boats are a different animal.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #23907
Blayney
est'd 1989

I had the patience of a saint last night. I was driving back from a concert and it was already midnight, keep in mind I had got up at 5:30am ready for work - so I was pretty damn tired. I had my mate in the car who I was gonna drop off on my way home and it was a 40 mile drive essentially.

I was approaching the motorway junction behind a very slowly moving newish mini. There are two lanes that go on to the motorway and I had followed this guy in the second expecting he'd move over. It was clear that wasn't going to happen so I decided to just move to the inside lane and probably cruise passed him where the two filter lanes separate. I'll try and link you to google maps so you understand what I mean.

Anyways as soon as I pulled over I saw him jump on the throttle and off he went, cutting across into my lane to hit the apex of the curve to go onto the motorway. What a chump I thought. So I join the motorway and I can see him in the inside lane doing about 60mph so I pulled out and overtook. Then I see him about half a mile later coming up along side me slowly. He sits next to me for a bit and then accelerates off (not that quickly I might add).

After a few miles of sitting around 20 car lengths ahead of me he backs off and I start to catch up again, I get within 2 car lengths and he speeds off again. I'm thinking this guy is a moron trying to get me to race. No way am I doing this. I am tired and just want to get home, I've got my mate in the car and the weather is atrocious! (seriously earlier that day the motorway was closed both ways because the wind had blown a lorry across 3 lanes and it had toppled over the central reservation into the outside lane of the opposite carriageway).

This shit lasted 15 fecking miles! I was glad to see him carry on when I pulled off to drop my mate off. Then as soon as I did I got an EG Civic up my backside and unfortunately it chose the same moment as me to change lanes as I wanted to go right off the roundabout into my mates estate and this guy wanted to overtake me, so I see him dive left to undertake me all angry and shit. Well I just tipped into the roundabout a little off my usual pace because of the rain and this Civic had no answer for it. Complete straight line hero.

Thankfully the rest of the trip home was much calmer despite the terrible conditions!

Here's the map of the Motorway junction

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5256024,-3.2412885,347m/data=!3m1!1e3

If it loads correctly you'll see on the far right the slip road onto Coryton roundabout. I joined the roundabout using the lane that goes to the inside of the roundabout. Which then splits into the two lanes, I took the outer lane of the two which leads to the M4 West junction. This mini was also in this lane. So I move to the outermost lane which also goes to M4 west. You can see on the far left this slip road joining the M4. There is a corner on the slip and he cut straight across it into the lane I was in. He wasn't even going fast enough to need to do it.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:53 AM   #23908
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

yeah GL exactly, like this . they are amazingly spacious inside, many of them with significantly more usable square footage than a condo. i get giddy thinking about how much i would enjoy it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney
(seriously earlier that day the motorway was closed both ways because the wind had blown a lorry across 3 lanes and it had toppled over the central reservation into the outside lane of the opposite carriageway

this is the most british sentence ive ever seen in the pit
Bitches be Crazy.

Last edited by Acϵ♠ : 02-10-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #23909
Dreadnought
Infinite & Momentary

Ugh I want a boat

I feel like this cat

Old 02-10-2016, 05:30 AM   #23910
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:
yeah GL exactly, like this . they are amazingly spacious inside, many of them with significantly more usable square footage than a condo. i get giddy thinking about how much i would enjoy it lol.

And how does a home like this work ? As in does it have a fixed adress or is a rented spot like most mobile homes ?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #23911
JustRooster
Shoulder Shrugger

Got an interviewer to work as an auction appraiser. Could be a cool job.

Also, if I owned a white bimmer, I'd be tripping over myself to get the M-Power rainbow on my front kit like that. That lip diffuser is fucking bonkers hot.

The new M2's with the factory performance parts are teh sex.

REVIVE S&L

Last edited by JustRooster : 02-10-2016 at 09:37 AM.
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #23912
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by JustRooster
Also, if I owned a white bimmer, I'd be tripping over myself to get the M-Power rainbow on my front kit like that. That lip diffuser is fucking bonkers hot.

The new M2's with the factory performance parts are teh sex.

To each his own I guess but the stylings of the M2 is disappointing to me. The front and back bumper proportions aren't quite right. And those decals are way too much. Should stick to the M grill stripes... You should see the widebody M235 from a page or two back.

The car sounds great though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote:
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote:
But our Band is Listana

Last edited by Xiaoxi : 02-10-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #23913
JackalUK

I was following an i8 before. Not a fan of it's looks at all.
JackalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #23914
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Lord
And how does a home like this work ? As in does it have a fixed adress or is a rented spot like most mobile homes ?

your address would be the harbour, and i imagine all the mail goes to one bank of mailboxes like in apartments.
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #23915
Blayney
est'd 1989

Quote:

Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #23916
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

tell me those bobbys are diesel

a 6spd M550d estate is still near the top of the list of cars i would like to own
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #23917
JustRooster
Shoulder Shrugger

Ford Focus RS is on my wishlist.

REVIVE S&L

Last edited by JustRooster : 02-10-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #23918
Blayney
est'd 1989

Yeah they'll be DERVs

Old 02-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #23919
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Quote:

You weren't kidding hahaha
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #23920
JustRooster
Shoulder Shrugger

Quote:
To each his own I guess but the stylings of the M2 is disappointing to me. The front and back bumper proportions aren't quite right. And those decals are way too much. Should stick to the M grill stripes... You should see the widebody M235 from a page or two back.

The car sounds great though.

I think BMW has the most consistent styling success of the German manufacturers. There are a handful of Audi and Mercedes products that I look at and simply think, "Nah, no thanks."

There really isn't a BMW that I'm dismissive of.

One thing I wish wasn't such a trend was how bloated vehicles are becoming. I wouldn't be surprised if the M2 was heavier than the E36 M3.

I lived most of my life between south of Fairbanks, AK or in northern Wisconsin bordering the UP. Naturally, the motorsports I liked the best were rallies or dirt tracks. There are tons of 90's Audis I grew up thinking were the bomb because of the AWD, especially with that Group B pedigree. These days I'm just ho-hum about the entire brand. Even their GmbH stuff is just fat. Everything's got a Bi-Turbo V8 in it just because that's what it takes to get nearly 4,000lbs of "sports car" going.

I'm pretty excited for the Focus RS and a fan of the Golf R. It seems to be bringing some purity back to it the class/hobby. With Mitsubishi axing the Evo and the STi becoming another trophy grocery getter, we were in need.

I wish those sorts of vehicles sold better in the US. I am a bit overwhelmed with how many SUV's crowd the city I live in now that haven't ever seen one spec of gravel.

REVIVE S&L

Rate This Thread: