Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #4701
dylans6597

Hey guys. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my cover video? I think I'm a false chord screamer btw. I can't do high screams at all really... just little ones like Jeremy McKinnon might do during a higher note in a song.

I'm guessing my main problem is finding a good tone... I have a lighter voice like merriman told me a few pages back.
dylans6597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #4702
merriman44

First off, sweet cover. Sounds great. You go flat a bit sometimes and sound a bit out of breath during screams. For that make sure you keep that belly pushed out. That's going to help for sure. However, I love your voice man. Would love to hear some story of the year.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #4703
dylans6597

Thanks for the feedback man. It's good to hear from you again, and I'll definitely take that advice. I'll look into doing some story of the year as well as other bands!
dylans6597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #4704
Meridian_87.5

Hey everyone. I've been working hard at my fry screams, and I figured now would be a good time for some feedback. I haven't been able to record a lot lately because I'm never home alone, but I had an opportunity today so I gave it a whirl. It's a very short clip, but I think it's enough to gauge progress.
https://soundcloud.com/piano3479/fry-scream1/s-0iTM5

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Meridian_87.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #4705
merriman44

Sounds good man! Now explain, haha
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:22 AM   #4706
Meridian_87.5

I can record something at some point to demonstrate how I do it, because it's hard to explain without demonstrating. Essentially, once you have the crappy fry sound, you have to add your real voice into it. Trying to start with the fry sound and add your voice is hard because you don't know what you have to do with your throat. Instead, I started by singing (almost yelling in volume) a note as loud as I could with proper technique. Then, I made the fry sound over top of that one loud note. You have to have both sounds at the same time for it to work.

Merriman I'm not sure if you remember when I made the clip (which was taken down with the removal of UG MP3), where I showed how I got the basic fry noise. Instead of starting with the grudge sound and adding head voice, I started with head voice and added the grudge sound. It is the same idea here. Start with chest voice, then add fry.

It is somewhat hit or miss as to whether or not it will work for you, but it's worth a shot.
Meridian_87.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: