Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
beau05
UG Senior Member

"Stormforge"-Power metal-Full band-Video from Tuesday, Nightwish support slot

Afternoon guys

This is a band I'm filling in for temporarily. The band is called Stormforge and is a power metal band from New Zealand. Influences are pretty much your standard classic/power metal staples like Iron Maiden, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Lost Horizon, etc.

This video is from Tuesday night, I'm in the black and white shirt stage right (your left, or whatever). We don't have any recordings as yet, but plan to hoon something out around mid February

Here's the Facebook page alss: https://www.facebook.com/stormforgemetal?ref=ts&fref=ts

C4C as per usual, let me know what you think? Cheers
Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
profmcnasty
Classical Guitarist

I don't know if the vocalist was having an off day but he needs alittle more work. I can tell he's going for that ZP kinda feel. As for the rest it sounds just dandy. I'm not so much into this genre anymore but if I had to suggest anything then maybe some more intricacy with the guitars because I feel like its predictable.
profmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
beau05
UG Senior Member

Yeah the fan was drying his throat out I think, not sure though haha. I agree though, he is a wicked singer, just needs to be pushed a bit more, and yeah I think one of his major influences are ZP haha

Haha yeah I agree the music is quite predictable, mostly because the other guitarist writes all the music (the one who played the second solo), and I'm fairly certain he spends more time painting flags for the band than he does practicing. He loves his traditional metal, a little too much, but it is HIS band so to speak, so I have to just live with

Thanks for the advice man, I may try and push for something a bit more out there before I leave the band. Cheers
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
White Python

Thatīs some heavy stuff! Always liked this kind of music, im as well into manowar, blind guardian etc. I like it, cool solos, nice fills, nice melodies. Keep it up!
White Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
beau05
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Python
Thatīs some heavy stuff! Always liked this kind of music, im as well into manowar, blind guardian etc. I like it, cool solos, nice fills, nice melodies. Keep it up!

Cheers man!

We are looking at doing an EP probably late February, will post the recordings once they're done

Rate This Thread: