Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
Robbin'TheHood
Reggae Freak

Location: Down here at the Pawn Shop what has been sold not strictly made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeZ-84
You mentioned the Line6 JM4 - that has SD card storage and plenty of space without the SD card to store recordings then replay them later.

It also has some effects and jam tracks on board too for practice.

I bought one a couple of years ago and it's pretty good.

Yeah I'm interested in that one, but my main concern is that it has extra fx (that I don't really need) and I'm not sure how it would fit into my current setup. My main amp right now has a separate input for time based fx (digital delay, reverb, and looping get plugged into a chain into an output and an input in the back) and fx like distortion or wah, which get plugged in between the guitar and the amp. Considering that the line 6 has both, which fx chain would I put it in?
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Robbin'TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
gibson52198

My jamman just broke very quickly. Within a couple of months the button wasn't working and it wasn't recording in time and I wasn't happy with it. EVERY COMPANY HAS BUGS. There is always the possibility that I just got a few too many bugs, and maybe other people got bugs on what I didn't have. It worked great for the first little while though; maybe I just gig too much for it.

I still think it'd be better to go with something without presets, just of what I've tried it's the only one that has worked. The only reason I got rid of it is because I have one in my POD. The ditto came when I didn't need to bring my POD to some gigs.

Cheers!
gibson52198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson52198
My jamman just broke very quickly. Within a couple of months the button wasn't working and it wasn't recording in time and I wasn't happy with it. EVERY COMPANY HAS BUGS. There is always the possibility that I just got a few too many bugs, and maybe other people got bugs on what I didn't have. It worked great for the first little while though; maybe I just gig too much for it.

I still think it'd be better to go with something without presets, just of what I've tried it's the only one that has worked. The only reason I got rid of it is because I have one in my POD. The ditto came when I didn't need to bring my POD to some gigs.

Cheers!

I've been sportin' a tc flashback x4 for a few months and its been working great for me. AND I have every delay I could ever need/want/imagine. But when my rc20 started acting crazy I noticed 1000s of the exact same story for rc's and jammans.

It may be smarter to go used just cause its worked for whatever amount of time. As opposed to new ones, which are a crapshoot.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

I have an original Jamman that I bought not long after they first came out and it's still going strong. No issues with recording in time. I also have a Boss RC-50, but it's higher end than the OP wanted. No experience with the lower Bosses. I just know that the Jamman does everything in the OP's need list with tons of storage. Plus it supports a 3 button external footswitch.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #25
WeZ-84

With the JM4, you can bypass the effects and just use it as a looper. If you want to jam without the amp you can plug in headphones and use the effects.

If you want to use the effects with an amp, I guess you could put it in the effects loop - I don't have a loop on my AC15 so I just put it out front.

But if the effects are more than you need then the Jamman or an RC30 may be a better option.
WeZ-84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: