Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #14561
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheth24
Looking at the VC-50. Is it any good for metal type tones? Or should I avoid it?

it's supposedly the combo version of the vh100r. assuming it is (and assuming its tone's not too compromised by being a combo) i'm guessing it'd do metal fine (depending on what you mean by metal) but for out-and-out modern brootz there might be better options (though they might cost a lot more).

I haven't tried the vc50, but i'd say the vh100R (going mainly by my gh50L here, i have tried the vh100R before but it's so long ago I'm better relying on my opinion of the GH, which is supposedly the VH100R's dirty channel) is sort of a rock/hard rock/metal amp rather than an out-and-out modern metal amp. hot rod marshally kind of thing (with a nice clean channel).

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #14562
Fisheth24
UG's only Dean user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
it's supposedly the combo version of the vh100r. assuming it is (and assuming its tone's not too compromised by being a combo) i'm guessing it'd do metal fine (depending on what you mean by metal) but for out-and-out modern brootz there might be better options (though they might cost a lot more).

I haven't tried the vc50, but i'd say the vh100R (going mainly by my gh50L here, i have tried the vh100R before but it's so long ago I'm better relying on my opinion of the GH, which is supposedly the VH100R's dirty channel) is sort of a rock/hard rock/metal amp rather than an out-and-out modern metal amp. hot rod marshally kind of thing (with a nice clean channel).

Alright, cheers Dave, what about the TT100? Was looking at that one too.

Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #14563
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

no problem

ages since i tried one (so take this with a pinch of salt), but it maybe gets a little more modern and fluid than the vh100r (which is crunchier). but again, i'd say it's probably more of a rock and metal amp than an out-and-out metal amp. Depends on how cheap you get it, basically. if you know you want a modern brootz amp and the laneys are pushing the price of known suitable modern brootz amps (6505 and the like) then pass on the laney. if the laneys are loads cheaper, though, they would work at a pinch (and they do sound pretty good, to be fair, just they're not really only aimed at metal).

as i said, though, it does depend on what you mean by metal, if you mean 80s hot rod marshally metal tones then the laneys would work well for that, arguably better than a 6505.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #14564
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...

Hello thread. My Laney magically fixed itself.

Boom.

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #14565
LaidBack
Call me Mike

IT LIIIVVEEEESSSS1!!!!

*caps*
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #14566
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Finally got my IRT60h on Wednesday...

I can't seem to make it sound bad at all, no matter what setting I randomly dial in.

Safe to say, it is a keeper, and I am now part of the brotherhood

Bask in my presence haha

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
MickAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: