Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #2041
xXxA7X~Fan07xXx

Can someone get maybe an August Burns Red/Metalcore type in general setting? August Burns Red is one of my main influences for guitar and would love a similar setting. All I got is a simple MG 30 watt Marshall amp. Can't afford the bigger stuff. :P Kinda sucks but eh. I got some good guitars at least. Modded Douglas Spad Pro with EMG 81/85 pickups and an old Schecter C-1 Limited guitar with the same pickups but that will soon be my main guitar after I get some new tuning machines and strings on. Thanks for any amp setting info on that. =] I mostly play in drop c# or drop c.
xXxA7X~Fan07xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #2042
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

^ I hate to be that guy but you are just not going to get a good metalcore tone with a MG30. You say you can't afford the bigger stuff but you have two good guitars and one is getting new tuners. How much do you think your guitars are worth? Also, it was my understanding that active pickups do not get along with the MGs.

My suggestion is to get something like a Peavey Vypyr 60. I got mine for $300 used and it can definitely do MetalCore.

Barring that, I would just put all of the knobs on 12 noon and adjust from there
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #2043
Spambot_2
Name's Luca

^ I second that.

I used to own an MG30, and it just couldn't do metal.
I suggest selling it, I sold mine for something like 100, I was in a hurry and it had a scratchy pot, so I guess you could get $150 if not $200 from it.

Then, the vypyr tube 60 is a nice idea imo, or you could get a jet city 22w combo + a serious boost.

In any case, amps matter a lot more than guitars for that, so I'd say it'd be better saving up for a new and bigger amp instead of keeping getting and/or upgrading guitars which will not sound much good with that amp in any case.

Rate This Thread: