Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #2301
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

godspeed just announced a show in my town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
And it looks like we still won't. So sad. I got really hyped there.

what happened? I don't really know how to read this reddit thing beyond what I already read. That note from constellation is pretty hilarious though.

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
jiminizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #2302
Baby Joel
Not who I want to be

Basically some ass from Reddit insulted the guy that had the tape, calling him all sorts for thinking of selling the tape instead of uploading it, and the guy just said, "Alright, well no way I'm going to upload it for people like you" and deleted his account and presumably sold the tape. :/ He did upload one song though, as loads of people were calling him a troll and stuff for not uploading it immediately. The poor guy just had no idea what it was that he had.

And now we'll never get it
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #2303
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminizzle
godspeed just announced a show in my town

dammit i forgot you're not from pittsburgh and got all excited

i might or might not go to see Sigur Ros tomorrow, gonna be a game time decision. i've heard alot of good things about their shows
Old 09-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #2304
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

Best show I've ever seen^ gonna go see them again in a few days. You should do it.

Yeah I guess I'm "from" pittsburgh as in I grew up there and am still a huge pens/stillers/buccos fan (and a new riverhounds fan) but I went to college in VA and live there now.

I'm not sure if there's any good place with all of the godspeed tour dates--the one in Charlottesville was just announced by the venue like 2 days ago so maybe keep an eye out still. I'll put you up if you want to see them in virginia, but it's a decent hike.

Quote:
Basically some ass from Reddit insulted the guy that had the tape, calling him all sorts for thinking of selling the tape instead of uploading it, and the guy just said, "Alright, well no way I'm going to upload it for people like you" and deleted his account and presumably sold the tape. :/ He did upload one song though, as loads of people were calling him a troll and stuff for not uploading it immediately. The poor guy just had no idea what it was that he had.

And now we'll never get it

That is ridiculous / broke a bunch of hearts there it seems. Now Simon or whoever from Constellation has his chance to outbid everyone and destroy the last known tape for good.

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #2305
Baby Joel
Not who I want to be

Everyone on Reddit and /mu started emailing Constellation, hoping that with just the sheer flood of requests, they might actually re-release it, seeing as they have the only known complete copy (obviously there's this one, but who knows where it is now).
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #2306
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

Quote:
Best show I've ever seen^ gonna go see them again in a few days. You should do it.

Yeah I guess I'm "from" pittsburgh as in I grew up there and am still a huge pens/stillers/buccos fan (and a new riverhounds fan) but I went to college in VA and live there now.

I'm not sure if there's any good place with all of the godspeed tour dates--the one in Charlottesville was just announced by the venue like 2 days ago so maybe keep an eye out still. I'll put you up if you want to see them in virginia, but it's a decent hike.

That is ridiculous / broke a bunch of hearts there it seems. Now Simon or whoever from Constellation has his chance to outbid everyone and destroy the last known tape for good.

Good call they were amazing. The lighting , sound and everything was perfect. Also it helps that I got lucky as hell and got in for free lol

I might have to take you up on that if they come to VA on a weekend. I am dying to see them.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #2307
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"

Saw 65daysofstatic tonight, with support from Sleepmakeswaves and The Phsyics House Band. Fantastic show, only problem being its brevity (65 played for slightly less than an hour. Not their fault, the venue had a club night afterwards unfortunately.)

Go see them if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #2308
BenRaah
simulacrum

Never been too big on 65daysofstatic on record but they are great live.

Physics House Band are fantastic too
Old 09-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #2309
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

just got the fall of math the other day. excited to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turncoat60%
Good call they were amazing. The lighting , sound and everything was perfect. Also it helps that I got lucky as hell and got in for free lol

I might have to take you up on that if they come to VA on a weekend. I am dying to see them.

the one in my town is a sunday i think. i have a sweet luxurious cabin in the blue ridge to myself with extra beds so it's really no trouble if you decide to.

Seeing sigur ros again tonight. met jonsi yesterday too :]

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #2310
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

M I
Quote:
just got the fall of math the other day. excited to hear it.

the one in my town is a sunday i think. i have a sweet luxurious cabin in the blue ridge to myself with extra beds so it's really no trouble if you decide to.

Seeing sigur ros again tonight. met jonsi yesterday too :]

Not something I can easily turn down but I doubt I would make it to work on Monday lol.

How did you end up meeting jonsi?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #2311
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot

yeah just let me know if you change your mind. but he was sitting outside at a coffee shop i was stopping into. perks of living in a small town with a big-town music scene. (red light management being based here helped get that going). hung out with phoenix the other day after their show here too cause i took the singer of the opening band for a beer and he got a call to come to this other bar. they were super friendly and fun to be at a bar with. might see em in france in november. I felt like a huge fan boy after that. but yeah Jonsi's best friend is one of my close friends so I guess I have a good reason to talk to him. hoping to hang with him when we're in iceland in a few weeks but we'll see how lucky we are. Then during the show (the next day after i ran into him) i was up front and he recognized me i guess and during hoppipolla we made eye contact and held it for a full minute while he was playing and then finally he broke away smiling and laughing which I guess was a big deal and everyone was really excited because he never really even smiles during shows. I think he could tell he was looking at the happiest person in the world--that song picks me up no matter what + feeling like jonsi is singing one of your favorite songs to you then he kept looking back the rest of the night when he would look at the crowd. goddam what a great show that was.

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me

Last edited by jiminizzle : 10-01-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #2312
BenRaah
simulacrum

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 AM   #2313
Baby Joel
Not who I want to be

Liking it a lot. Always impressed with their drums.
This one sounds more soundscape-y and less aggressive. It's a good change, but I loved the aggression in older Russian Circles.
Still has that great dark edge though.

Should be a great album.

Anyone else thinks this track is much more post-rocky than most of their other works? I don't really know how to describe it. It has a...thicker and smoother sound to it, like, more soundscapey. I guess I could say it sounds closer to This Will Destroy You than, for instance, Pelican.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #2314
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"

Quote:
Liking it a lot. Always impressed with their drums.
This one sounds more soundscape-y and less aggressive. It's a good change, but I loved the aggression in older Russian Circles.
Still has that great dark edge though.

Should be a great album.

Anyone else thinks this track is much more post-rocky than most of their other works? I don't really know how to describe it. It has a...thicker and smoother sound to it, like, more soundscapey. I guess I could say it sounds closer to This Will Destroy You than, for instance, Pelican.

Their last few albums have all been a roughly 50/50 mix of aggressive and soundscapey.

Quote:
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote:
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
FrenchyFungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #2315
Baby Joel
Not who I want to be

I want to get into Hammock. What's their best album?

And, on that note, anyone know anything like them? Kind of like Boards of Canada meet God Is An Astronaut.

Last edited by Baby Joel : 11-15-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Rate This Thread: