Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 07-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #20541
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Why the weightlifting shoes?


They help with squats and keep my shins upright, reducing knee strain for me.

Quote:
Yo that'll look so dorky


I wore my usual shorts over the pants today, so it just looks like long socks.

Quote:
also doesn't look like actual compression shorts/pants. Look more like marketable "compression" pants that are just tights.


Possibly, regardless they kept my legs and knees warmed up.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #20542
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
They help with squats and keep my shins upright, reducing knee strain for me.



Have you worked on ankle flexibility?
__________________
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #20543
Dreadnought
Mountain diver
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ocean hiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
They help with squats and keep my shins upright, reducing knee strain for me.



I wore my usual shorts over the pants today, so it just looks like long socks.



Possibly, regardless they kept my legs and knees warmed up.


Hey man if it works for you and you like it then
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #20544
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Have you worked on ankle flexibility?


Having ankle flexibility doesn't decrease the actual angle your knees make. Flexibility isn't the problem, the shoes change where your center of mass moves, allowing you to keep the weight on your heels without your knees tracking forward or your back angle having to compensate.

So basically, if I wanted to keep my shins as vertical as possible during the lift without shoes my back would have to bend forward an extreme degree to keep balance.

With the shoes and attempting to keep shins vertical, it reduces the angle my back needs to make and allows for a more vertical back position, reducing both back and knee torque.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #20545
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
Having ankle flexibility doesn't decrease the actual angle your knees make. Flexibility isn't the problem, the shoes change where your center of mass moves, allowing you to keep the weight on your heels without your knees tracking forward or your back angle having to compensate.

So basically, if I wanted to keep my shins as vertical as possible during the lift without shoes my back would have to bend forward an extreme degree to keep balance.

With the shoes and attempting to keep shins vertical, it reduces the angle my back needs to make and allows for a more vertical back position, reducing both back and knee torque.



I know what they're for, I have a pair of adipowers. They've designed so that your knees can go further forward and your ankles aren't put under as much stress.

I was only asking, no need to get defensive. I see a lot of people wearing them but don't do any oly lifting or oly style squats so I'm just curious as to peoples rationale.

That said, vertical shins is always going to increase lower back pressure, it's the main difference between a weightlifting squat and a power lifting squat.
__________________
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #20546
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation
 
Life Is Brutal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Omnivium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
I know what they're for, I have a pair of adipowers. They've designed so that your knees can go further forward and your ankles aren't put under as much stress.

I was only asking, no need to get defensive. I see a lot of people wearing them but don't do any oly lifting or oly style squats so I'm just curious as to peoples rationale.

That said, vertical shins is always going to increase lower back pressure, it's the main difference between a weightlifting squat and a power lifting squat.


Wasn't defensive, just explaining my reasoning.

Yeah, the trade off between vertical shins/lower back is a tricky thing and I'm just trying to find a way where I can squat comfortably for both. I also do front squats now too, so they help quite a bit for those.
__________________
|GP5 Compositions|
V Classical and Jazz centric Tech Death V
Life Is Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #20547
Ablast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Anyone see the size of a serving of PreKaged? Its a 32g scoop of pre w/o. Its a damn monster.

I went shopping today; decided that instead of yogurt I'd get cottage cheese, and instead of dozens of fruits I got more veggies. Broccoli, kale, cucumbers, carrots and sweet potatoes.

I have noticed more energy since I began eating 2 cups of veggies prior to lunch and dinner
__________________
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.