Password
Search:

Old 07-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #20541
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Why the weightlifting shoes?

They help with squats and keep my shins upright, reducing knee strain for me.

Quote:
Yo that'll look so dorky

I wore my usual shorts over the pants today, so it just looks like long socks.

Quote:
also doesn't look like actual compression shorts/pants. Look more like marketable "compression" pants that are just tights.

Possibly, regardless they kept my legs and knees warmed up.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 PM   #20542
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal

Have you worked on ankle flexibility?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #20543
Dreadnought
Mountain diver

Quote:

I wore my usual shorts over the pants today, so it just looks like long socks.

Possibly, regardless they kept my legs and knees warmed up.

Hey man if it works for you and you like it then
Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #20544
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Have you worked on ankle flexibility?

Having ankle flexibility doesn't decrease the actual angle your knees make. Flexibility isn't the problem, the shoes change where your center of mass moves, allowing you to keep the weight on your heels without your knees tracking forward or your back angle having to compensate.

So basically, if I wanted to keep my shins as vertical as possible during the lift without shoes my back would have to bend forward an extreme degree to keep balance.

With the shoes and attempting to keep shins vertical, it reduces the angle my back needs to make and allows for a more vertical back position, reducing both back and knee torque.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #20545
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Having ankle flexibility doesn't decrease the actual angle your knees make. Flexibility isn't the problem, the shoes change where your center of mass moves, allowing you to keep the weight on your heels without your knees tracking forward or your back angle having to compensate.

So basically, if I wanted to keep my shins as vertical as possible during the lift without shoes my back would have to bend forward an extreme degree to keep balance.

With the shoes and attempting to keep shins vertical, it reduces the angle my back needs to make and allows for a more vertical back position, reducing both back and knee torque.

I know what they're for, I have a pair of adipowers. They've designed so that your knees can go further forward and your ankles aren't put under as much stress.

I was only asking, no need to get defensive. I see a lot of people wearing them but don't do any oly lifting or oly style squats so I'm just curious as to peoples rationale.

That said, vertical shins is always going to increase lower back pressure, it's the main difference between a weightlifting squat and a power lifting squat.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #20546
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
I know what they're for, I have a pair of adipowers. They've designed so that your knees can go further forward and your ankles aren't put under as much stress.

I was only asking, no need to get defensive. I see a lot of people wearing them but don't do any oly lifting or oly style squats so I'm just curious as to peoples rationale.

That said, vertical shins is always going to increase lower back pressure, it's the main difference between a weightlifting squat and a power lifting squat.

Wasn't defensive, just explaining my reasoning.

Yeah, the trade off between vertical shins/lower back is a tricky thing and I'm just trying to find a way where I can squat comfortably for both. I also do front squats now too, so they help quite a bit for those.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #20547
Ablast

Anyone see the size of a serving of PreKaged? Its a 32g scoop of pre w/o. Its a damn monster.

I went shopping today; decided that instead of yogurt I'd get cottage cheese, and instead of dozens of fruits I got more veggies. Broccoli, kale, cucumbers, carrots and sweet potatoes.

I have noticed more energy since I began eating 2 cups of veggies prior to lunch and dinner

Rate This Thread: