Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Wylie_guitar

Progressive Metal(3 Tabs)

some songs ive been working on, id love to hear some feedback on what you think of my project so far! C4C
Attached Files
File Type: zip Song Files Zip - Copy.zip (12.7 KB, 225 views)
Wylie_guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
frankibo
UG Board King

Nothing particularly ground breaking or outstanding but it's all very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them.
In the first song there's a much stronger post-hardcore element than a progressive one, the second is a mixture whilst the third is more progressive.
In my opinion song 1 is the best, then song 2, song 3 the least enjoyable.

Colossus

Last edited by frankibo : 04-18-2012 at 05:09 AM.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
rollertoaster

They all sound really great. The first riff in 1 I really like the use of the min7. 2 is equally good, had a laugh at 'BOO riff', sounds heaps like what they write, nice use of triplets. Riff two in song 3 is groovy as hell haha have to say the whole "Slowing down breakdown at the end" is over used in metal genres, especially one as extended as this one. That being said, it can be done, it just has to be done tastefully eg. (A Shot Below The Belt - August Burns Red). Sick stuff in there though

Last edited by rollertoaster : 04-18-2012 at 06:55 AM.
rollertoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
BelowTheSun

I generally enjoyed them all, some minor problems like the dull triplet breakdown in 2 that doesn't really flow or work at all, and the outro of 3 is a bit weak. But the main problem I have is that you rape the china all the way through, it can make your good riffs seems a bit boring, not because of the riffs themselves but because the drums are just the same all the way through. The closed hi hats in the ABR riffs don't work either, they need to be open.

Other than that, lots of good, interesting riffs. Solid stuff, just change up the cymbals a bit
Old 04-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
joeryer

I'm really digging this, Just listening to song 1 now, I would say it needs bass, it doesnt even have to follow what the guitars do, but having good bass lines can make a song. I love the use of rhythm mixed with melody, its a good balance. Good stuff!
joeryer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: