Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
mmjohn
Call me John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey_
the xotic can be great if you run your amp right, like any boost. its going to push the amp, so depending on your headroom and gain / channel / master settings, yes it will push an map into a good crunch tone.

but it all depends. i would try it out on an amp of comparable specs before you buy. as for it doing the same thing as an overdrive with a volume and gain control, no its not the same.

honestly it sounds like a green rhino would be good or some form of big muff or big muff clone.

i personally would buy this. slightly out of your range:

off pro shop guitar. i played one in person. they are hand made literally 100% (like the
guy flickenger is sitting in his house with a soldering iron, and when hes done he hand paints it).

they are the most transparent effects ive ever seen, and even played through a Dr. Z amp was the most transparent setup ive ever played.

The Xotic is an awesome little beast.....in front of the amp dial around 9 o'clock you can get a nice transparent clean boost with both dip switches in the on position you get boosted lower end and chimney top end without changing the tone of your amp....turn it up to 3 o'clock it drives your amp into transparent natural overdrive that adds gain without coloring your amps natural tone....turn off both dip switches and you have it in vintage mode....at 3 o'clock it add a transparent middy boost that's all your amp.....no color!!! If you like the sound of your amp and just wanna add grit to your amps tone turn the knob to 3 oclock its the perfect pedal. If you wanna add gain or boost with a different color to you tone check out something based off a TS-9...

Last edited by mmjohn : 11-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.
mmjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
Pregowski92

Ah okay. i'm thinking of getting a vox ac15 which is a valve amp. Will it make a massive difference to OD?
Pregowski92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #23
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregowski92
Ah okay. i'm thinking of getting a vox ac15 which is a valve amp. Will it make a massive difference to OD?

Well first of all an AC15 is going to be just a vast improvement in all regards, but in terms of ability to take an OD pedal well... It's gonna be night and day. AC15s are considered to be perfect pedal platforms, whereas basically anything solid state is considered to be 'iffy' at best. Really no comparison there. That's like asking if mustard is gonna be much better on a burger as opposed to a pile of dog doo... Yes, mustard is better on the burger.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: