Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #101
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

I work with mostly all female co-workers and can't complain really.

Also one of my male co-workers is a-fucking-sleep behind me so he's a cunt

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #102
red_hot_chili18
Russian Circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
I work with mostly all female co-workers and can't complain really.

Also one of my male co-workers is a-fucking-sleep behind me so he's a cunt

Where do you work? I'm intrigued.

www.hourglasspromo.co.uk - live music promotion website, 'av a gander!!!

I'm selling an Ibanez BTB 24 fret limited edition bass for 150, PM me.

PSN: BenGarbutt1989
red_hot_chili18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #103
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_chili18
Where do you work? I'm intrigued.

Manchester Hospital, Outpatients psychiatric

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #104
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

I don't usually have issues with people. I'm friendly and chill. If that shit does go on I'm usually oblivious to it I suppose. I'm not a very good dude to complain about others to. I don't agree with them and generally probably look uncomfortable so most people have enough tact to quit it.

I worked in a headshop for a bit. That was the chillest job ever, I wish I could've stayed there forever.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #105
red_hot_chili18
Russian Circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
Manchester Hospital, Outpatients psychiatric

I also, work in a Hospital - I'm one of those annoying IT guys

www.hourglasspromo.co.uk - live music promotion website, 'av a gander!!!

I'm selling an Ibanez BTB 24 fret limited edition bass for 150, PM me.

PSN: BenGarbutt1989
red_hot_chili18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #106
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_chili18
I also, work in a Hospital - I'm one of those annoying IT guys

Ha ha i'm just admin

Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #107
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

Nurses. They work hard, the majority are female. They'll save your live.

Original, sexist point disproven.

Surely its just some people are lazy/wankers/nasty, some aren't, sometimes you might get groups of people together who are lazy or mean. I wouldn't then suggest that women are lazy because I worked with one who was, as I know many who work their arse off.

Having your mother agree with you doesn't mean that it's inherently right. if anything if she agrees with you then she's also making sweeping negative generalisations based on anecdotal evidence. Which is discriminatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil : 02-05-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #108
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

lol women with jobs
Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #109
noisewall11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
I worked in a headshop for a bit. That was the chillest job ever, I wish I could've stayed there forever.

I can't deny that i'm pretty jelly of that job... did you make alot there though??

Anyways, I work in a supermarket bakery, probably about 90% of my main coworkers of my department are women. As far as the rest of the store goes, there are a solid amount of guys..but we are definatly out numbered by women without a doubt.

Tbh, I feel like my male coworkers are worse, only because there are quite a few of them that can be total nozzles and will be the ones that try to get physical over stupid shit. And then again some of the women can be total bitches, so I'm just another wad that sees it both ways.

Now my department itself, it seems like everyone has alittle something to say about eachother when the other is not around once in a while. But this is really just the mentality here, it was the same in school..I've seen even the best of friends talk behind eachother's back sometimes. I don't have too many complaints about anyone, we all have our vices.. one guy skips certain tasks, makes a total mess and throws hissy fits like a little girl(literally) about things that aren't even worth it. One lady is pushing 70 and is pretty small, so she needs help with alot of the physical work and can only work when it's lighter outside because she "can't see the lines on the road when it's dark". I've had either gender piss me off or get snippy with me on various occasions so, yeah I definatly say it goes both ways once again..
noisewall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #110
eGraham
It's high time, Cymbaline

Here's my general idea of coworkers. Keep in mind that my view is heavily skewed via ~4 years in retail.

So, down to the nitty gritty. There are three types of people:

1) Those who are bitches because they want to stay strict and try to get ahead in the company. My least favorite type in retail. It's ****ing retail. The only time I "move up" is when my name moves on the printed schedule.

2) Those who are bitches because they feel some authority over lesser-ranked employees or customers because of a title. My former-manager was this. He was somehow promoted to district manager.

3) Those who aren't bitches, but don't care at all about their jobs and in turn cause persons 1 and 2 to become more bitchy.

All that being said, my only two job experiences outside of retail were absolutely wonderful. When I worked as ISO over the summer, the guys and gals I worked with were great, and so was the atmosphere.

Retail is a soul-sucking and life-draining hellhole of existence.

October 23, 2014

Last edited by eGraham : 02-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #111
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Every single job that i have ever had, there was not one female who did a job that a male didn't do better, and there were no women doing jobs that a male could do better if there was a man doing it.

Basically, men are better than women in every respect except one. If you deny it then you hate freedom.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #112
burghUK

I'm the only fella in a sea of about 20 women at my workplace. They are bitches , plain and simple. Two faced cows who are so nice to each others faces but can't wait for a break to start bitching about each other behind their backs. While they might be good for a bit of gossip you couldn't take a shite in the workplace before it was the hot topic for the day , can't keep anything from those wenches.

To add to that when they are unhappy they need to let the world know , they can't just get on it with it.

They are supposed to be tidier than men but they always leave things at their arse and expect someone else to pick up the pieces.

and why on earth do they care so much about who their best friend or ex is sleeping with?

Last edited by burghUK : 02-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #113
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK
I'm the only fella in a sea of about 20 women at my workplace. They are bitches , plain and simple. Two faced cows who are so nice to each other but can't wait for a break to start bitching about each other. While they might be good for a bit of gossip you couldn't take a shite in the workplace before it was the hot topic for the day , can't keep anything from those wenches.

and why on earth do they care so much about who their best friend or ex is sleeping with?

Women are inferior. They have always been the inferior sex and they hate to admit it, so they have to take it out in passive aggressiveness and two faced-ness.
Of course, there are a few exceptions, but this is the rule.
If you deny it then you hate freedom
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #114
desperatechris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
Every single job that i have ever had, there was not one female who did a job that a male didn't do better, and there were no women doing jobs that a male could do better if there was a man doing it.

Basically, men are better than women in every respect except one. If you deny it then you hate freedom.

I guess if the job was either cleaning, cooking or complaining about the pain of childbirth they would be better
desperatechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #115
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
Women are inferior. They have always been the inferior sex and they hate to admit it, so they have to take it out in passive aggressiveness and two faced-ness.
Of course, there are a few exceptions, but this is the rule.
If you deny it then you hate freedom

Women may or may not be the inferior sex, but one should never underestimate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.

We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #116
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisewall11
I can't deny that i'm pretty jelly of that job... did you make alot there though??

Of course not. But it was very close to my parents house so I could walk there rather than drive, everyone was super chill along with the general vibe, and I learned tons of sweet little tips that I've taken to heart. We could take turns supplying the soundtrack for the shift as well, which was rad.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #117
S4mW123

I worked with a few females,

One is now my girlfriend and another is a pretty good friend, got on well with all the females while I was there though

Actually, except one, who was so awful at her job I refused to speak to her
S4mW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #118
Goth JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I have come to this conclusion.

I have worked in a few places and I noticed generally, that the more women there are in the workplace, the worse the atmosphere.

Where I was first there were about 5 older girls and it was a nightmare. Talking behind my back, trying to get me fired, rude, bitchy, etc.

When I worked with fewer female coworkers it was actually much better. I'm not saying they are all bad, but the more there are, the higher the chance of them ganging up with each other.

Anyway, that was my theory but I thought I had just been unlucky, until I talked to some other female friends of mine...

They generally felt the same. The more females they worked with the more they hated their job. I always thought my view was a but sexist but I was relieved that they felt the same way. I mentioned this to my mom and she also agreed with me.

So Pit, what's your take on this?

Agreed. I work in a nursing home and there are plenty of women. Fuking brutal.

^^Let's play find the link!^^

Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....
Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
Goth JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #119
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

When I was a waiter, the women were generally better servers.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #120
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.

I work in a glass plant. Only two women work on the floor. One of them sucked, but that's because she was an idiot. The males who worked with her are idiots too, though. Ty spent a lot of time screwing stuff up because they were too busy looking at her ass and hitting on her. She spent a lot of time drawing instead of working, and couldn't lift the same amount of weight the rest of us can.

The other woman is awesome because she brings cookies and doughnuts. There's two guys who bring cookies, too. They are equally awesome.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill : 02-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Jack Off Jill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: