Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #261
btones
My lips are sealed.

How's this for battle won?
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 victory.gp5 (23.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #262
Drapte

This
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
It's not about fanboying a version, it's about it being the best version. It's better than 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, so we all use it. It's the most user friendly and does the job we need it to best.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #263
xbitmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by btones

I liked your song very much, but sounds much more like battle lost than victory. I think it serves more like purpose of battle aftermath or something like that.
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #264
Ometh
nobody

What about this as an addition to the soundtrack? Maybe just a snippet of the main theme if it's too long lol. Or maybe it won't fit an RPG at all, oh well lol.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ****inggroovy.zip (10.1 KB, 20 views)
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #265
amonamarthmetal

Bump

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:28 AM   #266
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
Bump

Yeah, right? I've been focusing a lot on video game music recently, so this just popped into my head.

I'd definitely be willing to try to finish this. Let me finish up some studying and then I'll go through the songs, maybe even update the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time

Last edited by RedDeath9 : 04-19-2014 at 05:33 AM.
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #267
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
So, I was listening to some of RedDeath's pieces this morning and I was inspired to do this... not that it's anywhere near the same level of RedDeath's video gamey/metally pieces, but it's a step.

Anyway, maybe you guys will think it fits somewhere on this soundtrack, maybe you won't. Either way.

Yeah, it does sound pretty stormy (or at least like something bad is happening). When things get a little busier though, at around 29, I feel like it needs a bit of cleaning up... Mostly in the drum track. Do we really want that sort of timpani spam? Did you want to change the drum kit to 0, at that point? It'd make a bit more sense. Then you could have some timpani playing on the other track at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Battle Lost. I'd assume this is a sort of "sting" that plays once after you lose?

If it's an RPG, I imagine it as a "game over" screen, and generally, the music that plays during RPG game over screens is a bit more... calm? And melancholic. You could probably just take what you've written and make it cleaner+slower. I'll also be changing the "Battle Lost" title to "Game over."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy10
this looked fun so i thought i'd give it a go. it turned out kind of dark so i thought it might work for imprisoned. let me know what you think.

It sounds more like a world map theme, or an area theme for a cave or cavern of sorts. It's pretty damn good, can definitely hear the Nobuo in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btones

Pretty bittersweet victory, eh? It sounds more like an aftermath. The victory theme will probably be a little more... blatantly triumphant (though we could go for something like FF7's victory theme).

Quote:
What about this as an addition to the soundtrack? Maybe just a snippet of the main theme if it's too long lol. Or maybe it won't fit an RPG at all, oh well lol.

Holy shit, YOU wrote this? I've had this on my computer for a long time, but I had no idea who'd written it. Cool. This could definitely fit somewhere, I just... don't know where.

Here's something I've been working on recently:

EDIT: The original version of xenophobic town is fine. **** that other shit. Even though I like it quite a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 newbosstheme2.gp5 (120.0 KB, 18 views)

Quote:
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

Last edited by RedDeath9 : 04-19-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #268
CheesyMozarella
Slacker

I think I'd like to give big town city thingy a shot.

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/laserost
CheesyMozarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #269
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
Yeah, it does sound pretty stormy (or at least like something bad is happening). When things get a little busier though, at around 29, I feel like it needs a bit of cleaning up... Mostly in the drum track. Do we really want that sort of timpani spam? Did you want to change the drum kit to 0, at that point? It'd make a bit more sense. Then you could have some timpani playing on the other track at the same time.

I quit liked that sound on the drum kit. Seems more aggressive than proper toms. Does it sound less busy to you if the proper timpani track is muted during that bit?

I may one day make a proper recording of this using actual instruments, and sample libraries for percussion and vst synths and what not, and if I do then I'm gonna be making modifications on the fly to see what sounds best, but other than that I'm done putting work into this, but if this thread ever actually wants to complete and put these midis together as an album I'll make minor changes like your suggesting if the thread thinks it sounds better.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #270
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
I quit liked that sound on the drum kit. Seems more aggressive than proper toms. Does it sound less busy to you if the proper timpani track is muted during that bit?

I may one day make a proper recording of this using actual instruments, and sample libraries for percussion and vst synths and what not, and if I do then I'm gonna be making modifications on the fly to see what sounds best, but other than that I'm done putting work into this, but if this thread ever actually wants to complete and put these midis together as an album I'll make minor changes like your suggesting if the thread thinks it sounds better.

Yeah, I understand. I've been messing with VSTs recently as well, and as a result it feels a little unnecessary to be putting so much work into something purely for GP5 (though no one says we can't take these tracks and record them properly). However, I wanna finish this for the sake of follow-through. We actually had some good tracks.

Here are two other things I'm working on. One for a snowy place, the other one for a desert temple/ruins type place.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 newdoom.gp5 (21.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: gp5 snow.gp5 (58.4 KB, 16 views)

Quote:

Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #271
CheesyMozarella
Slacker

I haven't really started on the city thing yet, but I came up with this which I think could work well with someone who's up to no good. Like, it's not really evil but sinister.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 lurking.gp5 (22.5 KB, 25 views)

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/laserost
CheesyMozarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #272
amonamarthmetal

@reddeath, that snow piece was so lovely, was inspiring for me.

@cheesy I really enjoyed this tune. it might add more suspense to add chromatics in.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #273
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
@reddeath, that snow piece was so lovely, was inspiring for me.

@cheesy I really enjoyed this tune. it might add more suspense to add chromatics in.

Thanks man

I've written a ton of stuff that could work for this, it's all here:

https://soundcloud.com/windsofentropy/

I've applied VSTs to those ones^, but I have the Guitar Pro tracks as well. I also have an updated version of End Boss 3 (Ascension).

I'm pretty free at the moment, and would be willing to work on this. Anyone else?

I think I'll edit Gessu's desert theme myself, and add it to the final soundtrack. Also...

Quote:
Cats poop from their poop hole.

What the hell is this

Alright, so, with the new tracks I've done, I'll be taking/creating these themes:

Nostalgia Mirage - Dark Forest (new)
Ascension - End Boss 3 (already had this, anyways)
Sunlit Gardens - Forest Area in beginning of game (new - first place you fight enemies as a complete noob)
Wandering the Dream Factory - yet another Dungeon theme (new)
Dust - I'm unsure about this one. What do you guys think? Could it fit as the ending theme, maybe? Or maybe it doesn't fit anything here.

Quote:

Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #274
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

Okay, change of rules. If it's obvious how the song is going to repeat, then you don't have to make it repeat twice and fade out. I just realized that this was sort of annoying.

Here's the updated version of end boss 3. If you guys think it could be used better for something else, or that there could be something more fitting for end boss 3, please just say so.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ascension (for UG).zip (15.8 KB, 10 views)

Quote:

Rate This Thread: