Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #4601
naedauuf

I think I'm the only person in the world who was "meh" at the Sunken King DLC. I've yet to try the newest DLC (I own the season pass, just haven't had time to try it), but I'm hoping it's less claustrophobic and maze-like. Wasn't a fan of the AvP style temple things. It's fun and got good enemies and stuff (the knights are such an amazing fight, each and every one of them), but the environment didn't woo me.

I want to set aside a good long time to play the new DLC. Like beat it in one go.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #4602
institutions
i ply base

You could probably do it. Idk exactly how far in I am, but I only played for about... 2 and a half, maybe 3 hours and feel pretty damn far in. Maybe another hour or two.

Damn close to 200 hours playtime on Steam though

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: dark souls 2, metal gear solid 1
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #4603
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there

The DLC is less claustrophobic and more of a tower descent gauntlet that makes you think twice about going through certain corners if you haven't traversed them yet. I like how there are elements of strategy to killing large mobs so you don't have to pve all enemies in one blow. You can use other enemies to your advantage to kill off larger groups of enemies.

They took a page out of Path of Exile with totems, or what seems to be a totem. I still haven't even gotten to the first boss. I think that the surrounding area as soon as you start the dlc looks like absolute poop. The towers in the middle of no where with really undetailed textures was a real turn off, but once you descend the tower, it becomes more prevalent that this is where the main focus for the game is (obvs right?).

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #4604
institutions
i ply base

You mean that first big reveal of the area? Idk I thought it was awesome.
I love the big reveals of areas like that. The first DLC was awesome about it, too.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: dark souls 2, metal gear solid 1
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #4605
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there

It looked so bad imo. The sky looks way better tho. It actually moves and has clouds n stuff, unlike a shitton of areas in vanilla.

Also dat giant chain link yo. I thought an eagle was gonna grab me and feed me to its young.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 AM   #4606
AnEvilWalrus
UG's Lone Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
I think I'm the only person in the world who was "meh" at the Sunken King DLC. I've yet to try the newest DLC (I own the season pass, just haven't had time to try it), but I'm hoping it's less claustrophobic and maze-like. Wasn't a fan of the AvP style temple things. It's fun and got good enemies and stuff (the knights are such an amazing fight, each and every one of them), but the environment didn't woo me.

I want to set aside a good long time to play the new DLC. Like beat it in one go.

Nah I feel a similar way about it. If it had been just another area in the vanilla game I would have been okay with it but I feel like if you're going to have pleplanned paid DLC then you have to make that content exceptional in some way. The Dark Souls DLC with Oolacile or w/e it was called was excellent and I was hoping it'd be more like that.

Gonna probably try the Iron King DLC in a bit here and we'll see what I think of it
Originally Posted by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

League of Legends - TheLoneFern

Last edited by AnEvilWalrus : Today at 02:35 AM.
AnEvilWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 AM   #4607
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

DaSII really does have amazing PvP when you get someone that isn't a hex/avelyn/havel bitch. Best melee fight PvP with the massive range of weapons. Currently using Defender's Greatsword. L2 turns into a self-buff cast with a small durability cost. So very rad.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #4608
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

DLC is awesome, classic Souls level design. Take one area, focus on it, make the paths sprawl and twist. Had so much fun with the first DLC, and the second part is just as good so far. It's just so wonderful to play in well mapped out areas again, with strategic enemies fights instead of just corridors of tanks. Shows how much the dev team were listening to the complaints of linearity in the main game. Also, each of the DLC areas is friggin' huge. Sunken King took me like, 6/7 hours to loot the whole place, and then another hour or so to beat each boss, and this is only on NG+. Iron King DLC I've been playing maybe... 4/5 hours and still haven't found the first boss yet.

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Last edited by Magero : Today at 08:41 AM.
Magero is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: