User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #2001
guitarxo
cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxo
Less than 3 months and I cracked my screen didn't drop it or anything but I think something in my giant handbag was the culprit.

Unfortunately there are no nice cases for the Xperia z3.

update: I have found a nice case. However, I can no longer Instagram since the arrow to go to the screen where you write a caption/post the photo is right under the crack. I am also having trouble swiping down for notifications one the first try.

however, I am still very happy with my phone and as long as it doesn't explode like my iphone im good
Old 03-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #2002
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Jesus Christ this sh*t is complicated.

I'm intending to install Kitkat (Apparently CM11 is my best choice) on my sony xperia SP.

Apparently, I need to do a ROM recovery backup..only CWM isn't compatible with my phone.

I found this guide, but apparently it mentions needing the phone to be unlocked. i have taken no steps to doing that, I'm unsure what it means.

What will happen if I do it anyway? Or, alternatively, what do I have to do if bootloader is locked?

"Does a fish have a watertight asshole?"
"...You a very wise"
Krieger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #2003
FrettieMercury
Banned

I like Droid except that it tries to change words, and won't let me swear!!

I fixed that, though. I texted my buddy, "sh.. cu.. f.. bit.. who.. sl.. buttf.. ..." and added them all to my dictionary. He asked wtf? I told him what I was doing and he said that was a great idea.

You should try it. Really helps so it doesn't say, "that's a bunch of burn slate!" or "What the furn?"

Had to add bands, too, though. It changed Opeth to Oprah!!!!

I almost whipped my phone at the wall when it did that.

Blackwater Park is Oprah's best album, lol
FrettieMercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #2004
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger91
Jesus Christ this sh*t is complicated.

I'm intending to install Kitkat (Apparently CM11 is my best choice) on my sony xperia SP.

Apparently, I need to do a ROM recovery backup..only CWM isn't compatible with my phone.

I found this guide, but apparently it mentions needing the phone to be unlocked. i have taken no steps to doing that, I'm unsure what it means.

What will happen if I do it anyway? Or, alternatively, what do I have to do if bootloader is locked?

find out if bootloader is locked before you make these decisions
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #2005
sfaune92
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrettieMercury
I like Droid except that it tries to change words, and won't let me swear!!

I fixed that, though. I texted my buddy, "sh.. cu.. f.. bit.. who.. sl.. buttf.. ..." and added them all to my dictionary. He asked wtf? I told him what I was doing and he said that was a great idea.

You should try it. Really helps so it doesn't say, "that's a bunch of burn slate!" or "What the furn?"

Had to add bands, too, though. It changed Opeth to Oprah!!!!

I almost whipped my phone at the wall when it did that.

Blackwater Park is Oprah's best album, lol

Try to turn off autocorrect/autocomplete in the input and langauge settings.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #2006
FrettieMercury
Banned

Frankly all "smart phones" suck!

WTF is an "app" anyway? It's just something you have to download to make your phone do some stuff that should be a part of the operating system anyway.

Seems to me that all the damn thing is good for is making calls. Facebook is boring, "Wow! My friend's cat had kittens, how cute!!"

I reserve Facebook for when I'm taking a poo. It's about the equivalent for me...

Sorry for the random rant. I am just extremely disappointed in the "future," vs what I thought 2015 would be like as a kid.

Wow! Everyone has a piece of shit handheld computer that they stare at all day, and I have to worry about some asshole crashing his car into me because he got a text.

Can I have the 80's back? Music was better then, too.
FrettieMercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #2007
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Omg go to bed gramps.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #2008
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrettieMercury
Frankly all "smart phones" suck!

WTF is an "app" anyway? It's just something you have to download to make your phone do some stuff that should be a part of the operating system anyway.

Seems to me that all the damn thing is good for is making calls. Facebook is boring, "Wow! My friend's cat had kittens, how cute!!"

I reserve Facebook for when I'm taking a poo. It's about the equivalent for me...

Sorry for the random rant. I am just extremely disappointed in the "future," vs what I thought 2015 would be like as a kid.

Wow! Everyone has a piece of shit handheld computer that they stare at all day, and I have to worry about some asshole crashing his car into me because he got a text.

Can I have the 80's back? Music was better then, too.

See, this is what happens when you step in to a time machine, whilst constipated and on your period, in 1985 after having watched "Back To The Future"

We'll find a way to send you back if you want.

Or, if you feel like doing your best to make yourself at home in the meantime, wait a while, I'm sure they'll come out with an app for that....

"...You a very wise"
Old 03-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #2009
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
find out if bootloader is locked before you make these decisions

Well, seeming that I haven't done anything, I believe that it would be.

So, unlocking the bootloader is absolutely necessary?

And seeming that clockworkmod isn't working, how would I go about backing up my stock ROM?

EDIT: Also, can someone please explain what Super User Mode is, and what it lets me do?

I'm new to all this, please have patience

"...You a very wise"

Last edited by Krieger91 : 03-06-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #2010
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:

And seeming that clockworkmod isn't working, how would I go about backing up my stock ROM?

EDIT: Also, can someone please explain what Super User Mode is, and what it lets me do?

i bought my phone unlocked, some are just sold unlocked

EDIT: I know very little of android
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.

Last edited by captaincrunk : 03-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #2011
SquierLolz
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxo
Less than 3 months and I cracked my screen didn't drop it or anything but I think something in my giant handbag was the culprit.

Unfortunately there are no nice cases for the Xperia z3.

In my opinion, there's no nice cases for anything.

Had my nexus 6 for roughly a month now, use it naked. The metal trim is already scuffing along the bottom edge. Oh well.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #2012
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:

Again, best to look on the XDA developers forum for your phone and look at the guides there since a wrong step can brick your pho e.

Yes unlocking the boot loader is necessary and you're best installing TWRP recovery as clockworkmod is no longer being developed.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #2013
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Ok thanks.

Another thing: How dangerous is it, exactly, to uninstall bloatware? I have never had any need for Hangouts, or the default ugly messaging app as I use textra, and that's just one ofthe many things. But is it dangerous in any way to uninstall them? Are there any things I should stay away from (example, if I uninstall one thing, could it have a negative effect on something else)

And, if one day things start screwing up, will performing a restore factory settings, will it still work or will I have to go about it another way by now?

Also, I'm considering not going the whole way with CM11..I've downloaded and installed xposed, and it's letting me do a load of things to my phone. Should be enough, actually.

All that's missing is getting rid of the pointless stuff I've never needed.

Others would be the default gallery app, I could do without the default music app (I use Quickpic and Poweramp), account manger (what the hell is it and it's actual every day use?) Adobe reader (never needed it, never will, and I would haveto pay evenif I did want to use it) all of the preinstalled themes, I don't really need the default camer app (but would uninstalling that cause any probems with third party camera apps?), xperia care, tv app, email app, google chrome, and others.

Will uninstalling any of this cause any problems with other apps and the phones general performance?

"...You a very wise"

Last edited by Krieger91 : 03-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #2014
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
Ok thanks.

Another thing: How dangerous is it, exactly, to uninstall bloatware? I have never had any need for Hangouts, or the default ugly messaging app as I use textra, and that's just one ofthe many things. But is it dangerous in any way to uninstall them? Are there any things I should stay away from (example, if I uninstall one thing, could it have a negative effect on something else)

And, if one day things start screwing up, will performing a restore factory settings, will it still work or will I have to go about it another way by now?

Also, I'm considering not going the whole way with CM11..I've downloaded and installed xposed, and it's letting me do a load of things to my phone. Should be enough, actually.

All that's missing is getting rid of the pointless stuff I've never needed.

Others would be the default gallery app, I could do without the default music app (I use Quickpic and Poweramp), account manger (what the hell is it and it's actual every day use?) Adobe reader (never needed it, never will, and I would haveto pay evenif I did want to use it) all of the preinstalled themes, I don't really need the default camer app (but would uninstalling that cause any probems with third party camera apps?), xperia care, tv app, email app, google chrome, and others.

Will uninstalling any of this cause any problems with other apps and the phones general performance?

They shouldn't do so long as you have replacements. It would be best to disable them through settings>apps>all before you try removing them completely.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #2015
Krieger91
I Sold The World

Ok..I'l disable the ones I don't want now..if I don't get any problems by this evening or tomorrow I'll then uninstall them. Thanks!

Should I backup my phone beforehand though? Titanium?

I'm wondering if it's too late for that, having installed xposed.

I still wish there was a way to change the call screen though, ot at the east the colour scheme of it. It's so ugly And the white colouring doesn't help. I'd rather something like the z1 call screen.

Holo themer can't seem to let me do it.

"...You a very wise"
Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #2016
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl

Quote:
Ok..I'l disable the ones I don't want now..if I don't get any problems by this evening or tomorrow I'll then uninstall them. Thanks!

Should I backup my phone beforehand though? Titanium?

I'm wondering if it's too late for that, having installed xposed.

I still wish there was a way to change the call screen though, ot at the east the colour scheme of it. It's so ugly And the white colouring doesn't help. I'd rather something like the z1 call screen.

Holo themer can't seem to let me do it.

Nah no need to backup. So long as you don't disable your launcher and you can still get to settings you'll be fine. :P

But do make sure you do a nandroid backup before you flash anything like a custom ROM.

Rate This Thread: