User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #2641
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
I just want to shoot targets like jugs of water and stuff from far away. That's why I wanted a good amount of range. I've only shot a rifle a long time ago, it was at this summer camp and we shot at targets at 50 yards but they were paper and the targets were really small, maybe 3 inches in diameter, there were 5 on a page. It was a lot of fun. The instructor was this ex israeli commando guy who was crazy but he was really nice. He taught me how to aim and breathe and shoot after the out breath and stuff and I got really good (I was rated an 'Expert' after the two weeks training when he gave the test ) but I haven't shot since. I want to see if I can do it anymore and at real combat distances.

I don't need any optics I'm fine with iron sights.

Given that, Just get a good heavy barrel AR-15 and replace the A2 sights with a National Match set. That's basically the setup I shot Service Rifle with.

Last edited by Arby911 : 08-05-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #2642
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

^Solid suggestion.

So my local sheriff recently started approving SBR's/SBS's and suppressors....

I'm really wanting to do an AK SBR build. An AK-105 (5.56) would just be the tits. Could put one together myself for $900 or so, with the tax stamp. I'm struggling to not sell something and start the process.
Skynyrd890 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: