Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
freighttrain
freighttrain

Behringer FCV100 help??

Hey all again.

I have yet another issue with my new pedals, specifically the volume pedal, and would like some recommendations. I have checked out a couple of older threads about this and most of the recommendations seem to be for getting a Morley, but no one really says which one is best.

My issue is that I recently (as in yesterday) got a Behringer FCV100 volume pedal delivered from amazon. Now it does control the volume and all that but only starts doing anything when I have pushed the pedal about 3/4 of the way forwards. Before this point there is no sound even with the min volume set above zero. I have checked a few reviews and websites about this and apparently its just the way it is.

My question is: is there a way to make this damn pedal work like it is meant to and control the volume from the get go? or should I just replace it, and if so what with? as in which Morley (as these seem to be the favorite for volume pedals).

I want a pedal for doing swells and to give a boost for leads over rhythm while playing. I don't want it to affect my tone. I have passive pickups in all my guitars but will be getting EMGs in one of them next month (a 81 and 85 I am thinking). Any more info required to give me a recommendation or advice, just ask.

Thanks everyone.
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
freighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

free bump day

You could try cleaning or replacing the pot (potentiometer) inside your pedal.

I hear the Morley Little Alligator is good. I had an Ernie Ball Volume pedal it was OK too.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Morley-...606-i1124350.gc
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
freighttrain
freighttrain

Cheers mate I will check them both out

I will ask my cousin how to do that as he likes little pet projects building effects pedals lol
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
freighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: