glass_satellite
bass player

Future GAS:

More realistic:

^ in black probably, although that one is very pretty

Amp:

Pedals:

*sigh*

Last edited by glass_satellite : 04-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.
glass_satellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
Tostitos
Barely Awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark Mass
Broken necks, body laminates peeling, stripped intonation screws, broken tuning machines, truss rods with adjustment left, dead pickups, overall stickiness to the finish, cracks in fretboard, cracks in body, broken nuts, and last but not least dead preamps.

I've experienced some of those problems on regular SR's, mostly dead pre's, poorly cut or broken nuts, and neck issues (but I chalk a lot of those up to bad setups but sometimes those thin necks twist and warp).

I'm still GASing hard for an old 1306 or 886. The tight spacing and thin necks are more playable to me than most 6-ers, what with my short little baby fingers.

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
anarkee
oh the horror!

. Played one of these again recently. Want. So. Bad. Just the best off all worlds Fender.

And on the Soundblox Bass Distortion that's a really solid pedal; I love mine. I also own that EB Volume pedal and its really rugged and great for the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter_101
Don't you mean "Why do we alcoholics keep taking about bass?"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHWok-9xhc Yup.
anarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #24
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player

Well, today i went to a bassist gathering and i got to play a Tobias, a Fodera NYC, an American Deluxe Jazz, some luthier made basses, and this was the best of them all:

Made from the (somewhat) world known argentinean luthier, Daniel Fernández. I haven't seen anything in my whole life that breathes exceptional work of art as this bass. Also, a whole experience to play. Everything tight and steady, and it just looks and feel soo nice!!
Definetly outstanding.

On more realistic gas, this:

I've been talking with this guys, and i may be able to buy a luthier made Stingray for almost the same price as one of this new (economics in Argentina are that weird, I know). Still, I have much to research yet.
Also, I would like a transportable 500W amp. Coulg be a Little Mark III or MB500 or Genz Benz Shuttle, or TC Electronics RH450, or something like that. That would be for later, as now I think it would be better to upgrade my bass once and for all (only owned entry level basses so far)...

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Sudaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
dark Mass
邪魔よ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tostitos
I've experienced some of those problems on regular SR's, mostly dead pre's, poorly cut or broken nuts, and neck issues (but I chalk a lot of those up to bad setups but sometimes those thin necks twist and warp).

I'm still GASing hard for an old 1306 or 886. The tight spacing and thin necks are more playable to me than most 6-ers, what with my short little baby fingers.

Most of these basses are actually new and a right of the box without any setups at all.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #26
glass_satellite
bass player

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkee

And on the Soundblox Bass Distortion that's a really solid pedal; I love mine.

have you ever tinkered around with one of them fancy hot hand devices?

I've seen lots of youtubes and I'm intrigued, but I can't really figure out how useful it will be or if it's just something one would get tired of after the novelty's worn off.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #27
fudger
Im a ninja of love..

I have the hot hand 3 along with the source audio bef. I have found ot useful for messing around in the studio doing a electronic project with my buddy and I do use it live in my band for four songs or so. Cool for flamenco strumming stuff, chords and melodic baselines to add a tremolo like effect to them. Definitely very fun to mess around with and I'm finding new practical applications for it all the time.
Bandcamp

I'd rather be Phishing...
fudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
Sliide90027

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark Mass
Broken necks, body laminates peeling, stripped intonation screws, broken tuning machines, truss rods with adjustment left, dead pickups, overall stickiness to the finish, cracks in fretboard, cracks in body, broken nuts, and last but not least dead preamps.

Although Ibanez have stated that they'll send over their Japanese inspectors more often than what is currently scheduled.

Sounds like they need FEMA Inspectors.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Sliide90027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
moody git
I bad writing

has just hit the top of my list. below that, there is just an assortment of pedals and amps etc etc
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #30
glass_satellite
bass player

^ for some reason, the dolphin body is one of the two warwicks I just cannot get into. that and the katana. there's just something about the profile of the two respective bodies that irks me.

I mean, that flat black with black accessories is sexy as all get out and I would love it if it were a corvette or a streamer but that dolphin... mrrrrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudger
I have the hot hand 3 along with the source audio bef...

thanks for the info. it looks super cool in the Pinn Pannelle video and the various demos on the youtube, very interested to try one out for myself
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Warwick built the Vampyre and the Katana, so in my mind they can do no wrong.

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
glass_satellite
bass player

Don't get me wrong, Warwick is arguably my favourite bass manufacturer. Just the dolphin (and katana)...

That^ vampyre is gorgeous.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #33
fudger
Im a ninja of love..

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_satellite

thanks for the info. it looks super cool in the Pinn Pannelle video and the various demos on the youtube, very interested to try one out for myself

Yeah no problem those videos are pretty cool if your into that kind of thing and it works great for that style. Though there are tons of different applications for it besides dub wobbles haha
Bandcamp

I'd rather be Phishing...
fudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #34
moody git
I bad writing

i think the dolphin and the katana look best when they are being played. something about the angle that they are held has alot to do with their looks imo. how on earth did i forget the vampye? i had a rockbass - until the head snapped off - and it was a joy to play and look at, then warwick give you all the crazy awesome paint jobs PURPLE TORTOISESHELL GOOD LORD YES and i my day is then ruined by the inability i have to pay for one at this point in time.

Rate This Thread: