Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
simorca66

CORT EVL K6 or LTD M-100FM

Hey there, I'm a little confused, I want to buy a new guitar and I've found a cort evl k6 with an emg set 81/85 and and a ltd m-100fm, i play heavy metal, which one is better ?
simorca66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
kingking22

The Cort evlk6 is better. Korean made with Emgs. The LTD is china made with esp stock parts and a floyd rose special. The LTD is entry level where as the Cort would at least probably be entering into mid-range territory.
kingking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
MaaZeus

Cort K6 easily. Its a midrange/mid high class guitar. Set neck construction, EMG actives... Ltd 100 series is beginners one. Only question is the quality of Corts licensed Floyd. Some licensed floyds are good, but a lot of them are bad "tinfloyds" which wear out relatively fast. I havent heard any complains on K6 or VX-4V floyds though but then again Corts are rarely talked about. Im one of the few here who actually owns Corts, both hardtail.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
simorca66

I'm not sure, many of my friends told me that the ltd guitars are famous and good, i don't know i'm lost i don't want to regret
Old 02-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
MaaZeus

Cort is one of the biggest guitar manufacturers. If your guitar is manufactured in Korea, chances are its either made in either Cort or Samick factory.

When it comes to Corts own guitars they do not really make "high end" guitars that you would recognise but in the midrange they do offer great value instruments. EVL K6 is one of those midrange guitars. I am not saying M100 is bad (far from it. Atleast my brothers M100 was a good guitar) but you are trying to compare guitars that wrestle in different class. The Cort has better construction, better wood, better pickups. If it would be Cort EVL-K4 vs 100 serie LTD I would say it depends which one you like more.

For what price you can get that Cort? It used to be about twice more than 100 serie LTDs here from what I remember.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #6
simorca66

420$
Old 02-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
simorca66

I've also found an Ibanez GRGA42T with EMG HZ
Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

GRG is ibanez's beginner guitar series. I haven't tried that specific cort but I trust MaaZeus and certainly on paper the cort is in a different class to either the ibanez GRG or the LTD you posted.

also, pro tip: don't listen to friends who play guitar. More often than not they're full of it. When you're looking at guitars don't worry too much about the brand, most of the big brands make guitars at a wide range of prices (and they're often made in the same factories regardless of the brand). A higher end jackson is better than a low end ESP/LTD and vice-versa etc. etc. At least when you're looking at the bigger brands there's not really any such thing as one being better than another, it depends on which exact models you're looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
simorca66

Okay, thanks guys !

Rate This Thread: