Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #21
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

still hayden, i dont have as much time to practice as id like, so having a continuous 32nd note lick is a little hard for me at the moment. i try my best because the whole "start and stop" thing bugs me too, but theres only so much i can do right now

also, about the score:
1) i write via the tablature part, so it does the score automatically, including which direction the stems point, and the accidentals
2) i dont know how to edit the score on Tux, nor do i care, since i can do all my writing without ever touching it
3) its in A minor! what on earth would be wrong with it? except for my chromaticism and raised leading tones, there should be absolutely no accidentals

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
still hayden, i dont have as much time to practice as id like, so having a continuous 32nd note lick is a little hard for me at the moment. i try my best because the whole "start and stop" thing bugs me too, but theres only so much i can do right now

also, about the score:
1) i write via the tablature part, so it does the score automatically, including which direction the stems point, and the accidentals
2) i dont know how to edit the score on Tux, nor do i care, since i can do all my writing without ever touching it
3) its in A minor! what on earth would be wrong with it? except for my chromaticism and raised leading tones, there should be absolutely no accidentals

Yeah, it's cool and fair if you don't like the solos, but assuming that somebody doesn't know much theory because they don't correct the scores in their Guitar Pro files is nonsense. I don't even have Guitar Pro set to show me the score. It's not exactly a precise awesome program for making scores. It's for tabs.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

thank you macabe lol even still, i dont know whats wrong with the score? it is A minor after all, so there really shouldnt be any accidentals until the second part of the solo

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 12-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #24
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

@pAWNlol: That's OK, just practise over and over. Also, I wasn't referring to the key. To say that playing out of key is bad music theory is very wrong, Debussy and Schoenberg completely destroyed tonal music but they most certainly were educated in theory. Rather the problems with the score is the rests and incomplete bars in some tracks. Furthermore, I only said "suggests", I didn't say you were incompetent. Everyone needs to chill right now.

Last edited by HaydenHohns : 12-11-2013 at 12:05 AM.
HaydenHohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #25
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenHohns
@pAWNlol: That's OK, just practise over and over. Also, I wasn't referring to the key. To say that playing out of key is bad music theory is very wrong, Debussy and Schoenberg completely destroyed tonal music but they most certainly were educated theory. Rather the problems with the score is the rests and incomplete bars in some tracks. Furthermore, I only said "suggests", I didn't say you were incompetent. Everyone needs to chill right now.

He wasn't thinking you meant that he used out of key notes. He was thinking you meant notes weren't labelled correctly in the notation. Perhaps there's no key signatures, or notes labelled wrong enharmonically. I didn't look at the notation myself, but that's what I was getting out of this conversation.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #26
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
He wasn't thinking you meant that he used out of key notes. He was thinking you meant notes weren't labelled correctly in the notation. Perhaps there's no key signatures, or notes labelled wrong enharmonically. I didn't look at the notation myself, but that's what I was getting out of this conversation.

again, macabe seeming to understand things a lot better

also, hayden, as for the rests: thats just my laziness. im sure itll bug me enough to change them later on, as they usually do. but for now, i just dont care enough

whether a measure with just one 8th note in it is followed by 7 8th note rests, or a double dotted half note, makes no difference to the sound. but of course, the music theorist in me will eventually change that. hell, i once went through another one of my songs and changed all the 4/4 measures to 8/8

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by pAWNlol : 12-10-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #27
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

I've actually noticed that Guitar Pro 5 does it wrong in terms of key signatures and I know you're using Tux Guitar so I'm lenient in that respect since it's similar. If you did it in say Sibelius, it should be perfect. Especially with the amount of stuffing around you do in that program to get it right. I have it and I spend an extra day making sure my score looks absolutely perfect.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #28
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

sibelius? never heard of it. but yeah, if youre in a key with any accidentals (so, anything other than C major or A minor) theres a great chance itll give you a crappy and totally inaccurate score, even if you go to the guitar icon and change the key

let me tell you, the scores for my songs in C# or Bb minor are atrocious lol

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #29
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

Even if they are, there's a good chance it's TG/GP5 that's wrong. For example, put a song in D minor and place a C# in there and it'll notate a Db, which is incorrect. It's wrong to double up on notes even if they are enharmonic. I think the only situation that would be allowed to do this is when using the chromatic scale, although don't trust me on that last one.

Sibelius is a music notation software aimed more at Jazz/Western Art Music.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #30
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

oh believe me, it is the program not me. no matter what key you write in, it writes it in the score as if it were in A minor/C major

and ill have to check it out. is it free?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 12-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast

No, it costs a lot of money. Although there is some freeware called MuseScore and it is very similar to Sibelius. If you ever decide to write some Jazz, Fusion, Chamber Music or Western Art Music, then it's exactly what you're looking for.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #32
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

well then i think ill stick with tux guitar for now lol

also guys, i finally finished the song if you want to check it out and let me know what you think

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #33
jld8111
Juicy J changed my life

Reminds me very much of Periphery II. Very nice.

Behemoth

Strides

HERE
jld8111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld8111
Reminds me very much of Periphery II. Very nice.

thanks, but any particular song?

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Rate This Thread: