Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #61
Stealthtastic

SD offers EMG size passives now and as does BKP.

UV7PWH
Stealthtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #62
AltecGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
They are indeed, and their basses are even better. But if the prices in Sweden are anything like their prices in the U.S.A., then the TS is probably going to have to double his budget:

http://www.mayonesusa.com/Mayones-R...e-List-2013.pdf

Maybe if Mayones had more than one dealer in the United States?

The MayonesUSA price list gives the full retail price. However, that is not the price you will actually pay. It will be significantly less. To get the true price, you will have to get a quote. The price of a stock Setius PRO (only zero cost options selected) in the US is competitive with the price of the ESP.

With options, the price on any Mayones model can skyrocket. On my current order, my options added another 50-60% to the price. But you get something unique. The same can be said of getting an ESP from their custom shop.

In Europe, you can gauged street price by looking at the prices at musicstore.de .

Last edited by AltecGreen : 07-12-2013 at 06:13 PM.
AltecGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #63
dannyalcatraz

Options always get you. I put in an order for a custom from a certain luthier after seeing one of his pieces for $1100. I made a few changes, and mine is coming in just over $2000...and that's with him giving me a 20% discount.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #64
Alex_lhp

The Regius PRO is still waaay to expensive but sure, I'll ask at their support(Mayones) about the Setius if I buy it in Poland(have relatives driving through there at occasions).
Alex_lhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #65
Alex_lhp

Got a reply from Mayones, a Setius PRO would cost about 1870 dollars if I buy it directly in Poland.

I'm going to check with them about the Regius PRO aswell.

What was the standard price for both of them in the US again?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #66
Alex_lhp

Saw the price in Germany now, 1800 euro. Then I'll save a bit if I buy there. I'm going to see how I do, I'll have to wait 2-3 months for the guitar if I buy a Mayones. If I buy a ESP I'll have to wait 2-3 days :P
Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #67
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_lhp
Got a reply from Mayones, a Setius PRO would cost about 1870 dollars if I buy it directly in Poland.

I'm going to check with them about the Regius PRO aswell.

What was the standard price for both of them in the US again?

Even with a discount of about 30% (and that's generous, since Mayones has only one distributor in the United States and they are a wholesaler), I doubt that you could touch one for less than US$2,800.00 And that is before you start adding those expensive, eye-candy options. I suspect that over here, the prices are a lot closer to the MSRP because of the limited availability in the U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #68
Alex_lhp

OK now. import Setius PRO or buy ESP Horizon FR-II w. 3 years maintenance localy! Which one?

(The Regius was to expensive at 1.9k euro)
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #69
AltecGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
Even with a discount of about 30% (and that's generous, since Mayones has only one distributor in the United States and they are a wholesaler), I doubt that you could touch one for less than US$2,800.00 And that is before you start adding those expensive, eye-candy options. I suspect that over here, the prices are a lot closer to the MSRP because of the limited availability in the U.S.A.

The actual discount in the USA runs between 30-35% (closer to 30% since the price increase last summer). This is based on my last two invoices. The price in the USA is pretty close to the street price in the EU (based on musicstore.de listed price). The difference is not as much as people think because you have a 19% VAT tax in the EU. That almost levels the playing field.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #70
AltecGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_lhp
OK now. import Setius PRO or buy ESP Horizon FR-II w. 3 years maintenance localy! Which one?

(The Regius was to expensive at 1.9k euro)

There's no right answer we can give you. The two guitars have different necks so you may prefer one over the other.

The Mayones will take time to build but you can pick some options (some are zero cost). The ESP has the maintenance and can be had quicker.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
Alex_lhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecGreen
There's no right answer we can give you. The two guitars have different necks so you may prefer one over the other.

The Mayones will take time to build but you can pick some options (some are zero cost). The ESP has the maintenance and can be had quicker.

Yep. I think I'll go for the ESP since I want the guitar as soon as possible and also since I can't try the Mayones.
I also love the ESP-Eclipse Neck which basicly is a slightly thicker verson of the Horizon which probably will lead to an happy Alex anyways

Rate This Thread: