Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
oliade677

Picked up a Peavey Bravo 112 amp locally.

Up until two weeks ago, I owned absolutely no guitar paraphernalia. Flash forward two weeks, and I'm now the proud owner of a MIJ Fender Strat and a Peavey Bravo 112 amp. I found the amp at a local thrift shop for $75. While looking up info online, I noticed it was listed as a tube amp. After plugging it in, sure enough, there was that warm glow of the vacuum tubes. We tested it out further when I got home. My friend was really impressed with the tone of the ultra gain channel. The amp also features spring reverb, though I just noticed this morning that one of the two springs was disconnected. I fit the end of the spring back into the slot, though I am uncertain what is keeping it in place. The speaker and tubes appear to be all original. In any case, I'm curious to get your thoughts on the amp. Here are some images:

oliade677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Offworld92
One among the fence.

That's really cool. Don't know anything about the amp, unfortunately. I would have assumed it was some kind of hybrid like the old Classics, but it looks all tube to me.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
oliade677

Yeah, my buddy was shocked to see that it was a tube amp. I believe the three 12AX7's work on the preamp side, while the EL84's do the power output.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Nah they're all tube. Badass amps as well. Nice score dude, especially for such a low price! My former teacher used two of those stacked and an XT live to play some really prestigious gigs and it always sounded solid and decent. HNAD!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
oliade677

That's awesome. I can't imagine I'll ever gig, but the fact that this same model has been used to showcase talent is great news! Glad I went with my gut and took the dive.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Damn cool. Get some JJs for it and blow the dust out.

Have some fun.

R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: