User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #41
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
However, my answer to that is, those of us who buy tons of guitars are worth more to them as customers than the guy who buys 1 guitar and stops.
We're really not. It doesn't matter how many guitars someone buys, everyone is just one more unit to chalk up on the sales report at the end of the month.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #42
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ oh yeah, i'm aware of that. I just meant that someone like me is maybe 20 units and someone who buys one guitar is only the one.

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble
We're really not. It doesn't matter how many guitars someone buys, everyone is just one more unit to chalk up on the sales report at the end of the month.

Wow.

Just Wow.

This JUST IN!! Flibble says repeat sales are unimportant!! Alert retailers everywhere!!

FFS!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

@dave I agree with everything you said. I'm guessing it's somehow cheaper for the manufacturer to buy large quantities of one pickup than it is to buy smaller quantities of various pickup. But it is very frustrating that there are so many different pickups out there and they stick to just a couple. They should at least make a version of each model with cheap LTD pickups and cut the price a bit so people don't have to pay more for duncans that they will replace.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ yeah i'm guessing the cost thing plays a part- it's sort of a win-win. they put in a pickup that most people have heard of, which adds value, and they get them for less because they're buying a bazillion of them.

As i said, though, edwards does use different models. They do still use a fair few JBs, but they do use other duncans, too.

er....

Quote:
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #46
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Who cares.

They will be silly money.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #47
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

that was my original thought unfortunately.

if they could somehow be around the £500-£600 mark, they'd be pretty sweet. I'm guessing they're gonna be the guts of £1000, though.

er....

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
that was my original thought unfortunately.

if they could somehow be around the £500-£600 mark, they'd be pretty sweet. I'm guessing they're gonna be the guts of £1000, though.

I guess we'll just have to see. If they are completely made in Japan, not China like Edwards, then they might be pretty awesome and worth the cost. That might not matter to you guys in the UK though, I don't know how available ESPs are over there. ESPs aren't readily available over here, so I'm thinking that these Elites will be competing with Ibanez more than anything.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #49
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
I guess we'll just have to see. If they are completely made in Japan, not China like Edwards, then they might be pretty awesome and worth the cost. That might not matter to you guys in the UK though, I don't know how available ESPs are over there. ESPs aren't readily available over here, so I'm thinking that these Elites will be competing with Ibanez more than anything.

They are easy to get here, they are also fairly priced, instead of tripling the price you just change the $ sign to a £ instead.

These will be enough money to make you wish you had just bought a 2nd hand Standard.

The only positive I can see from this is it might lead to more traditional S style ESP Standards hitting the UK.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #50
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

^ yeah. those ESP strat/superstrat types (the snapper, i think?) for the japanese market look badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G

even the edwardses here are getting up to £700/£800, apart from when you find a shop looking rid of them (like richtone was a while back because it got a gibson dealership ).

er....

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
Pink Muse
V Aww Yeahh. V

It's okay, I wasn't GASing hard enough for a Horizon anyways, these loans will pay themselves, right?

Would you run down past the fence?
Tell us, is the black box lying?
Pink Muse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: