Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
mattconmars

Could someone please work out some tabs from this band?

So recently I've got into this british indie(?) band called Theme Park, and I think they're awesome. So as you attend to do, I went onto Ultimate Guitar to learn some of their songs, in particular their song Jamaica, and didn't find any tabs for them or the song I was really looking forward to learning (there not a 'big' band). So my next step was to maybe be kinda work out the song (Jamaica) through watching their live recordings of the songs and despite going over the videos for a good two hours I failed.... pretty badly.

So I was wondering if anyone either knew the tablature for the song (or any of their other material) or if anyone could help me work it out?

Thank you
mattconmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
rko
Furry Fool

Ah Theme Park are awesome! I caught them live last year supporting Bloc Party. been a fan ever since. I haven't tabbed anything in a long long time, and I would like to get back into it, so maybe I can work a few of their songs out? Are you looking for guitar or bass tabs? I can't really do powertab/guitar pro tabs, never got the hang of those, but text tabs I can handle. I can help you out, or try my best to tab a few songs out, their album is awesome
rko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
mattconmars

I've heard about them playing with them. Yeah that'd be great thanks. I was looking for a guitar tab. And text would be great, its was I've usually gone for. And yeah I love their new album
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
rko
Furry Fool

Ok a guitar tab it is, I've started now and it's not all that tricky it's just that there's quite a few guitar parts and stuff, I'll do my best to make it sound good!

edit : I got to about halfway through the song tonight, will finish it tomorrow and upload it, might take some time to be approved though, So if I post a link - if you could help get it approved, and give it a fair rating once it's uploaded - that would really help me out.
Just a few parts of the verse, and then the outro to work out - so far I've made out 4 guitar parts and tabbed them out as best and as simply as I can

edit (again) - here it is, pending apprval http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home...p?tabid=1234273 let me know what you think

Last edited by rko : 03-30-2013 at 12:38 PM.
rko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
rko
Furry Fool

Tabs up, please rate it and let me know what you think
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Punkwithcolor

Your tab didn't work
Punkwithcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
rko
Furry Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwithcolor
Your tab didn't work

The link was posted when it was pending approval. Here is the tab now http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/t...jamaica_tab.htm

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
mattconmars

Oh brilliant, just brilliant! Thank you so much man!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
rko
Furry Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattconmars
Oh brilliant, just brilliant! Thank you so much man!

Happy to help, and tabbing it was so much fun that I decided to start tabbing again :P, play along and see how it sounds, sounds pretty much right to me. A comment or rating would help me out if you have time, and I'm in the process of tabbing a bunch of songs out now, but will probably tab out the album on guitar and bass over the next few weeks. So if there are any other songs you really want form the album, or even in general just let me know and i'll work on them for you.

Rate This Thread: