Search:

Old 01-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #19921
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

I'm supposed to do a long run today but I'm a bit hungover
Old 01-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #19922
angusfan16
butts

So I think I'm addicted to nose torque...
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:04 PM   #19923
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

^ get unaddicted son

Today just went on a 7.5 mile run, at about a 7:30 min/mile pace. Felt pretty easy, so I know I could have pushed it faster.

Then had a couple of shower beers afterwards
Old 01-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #19924
angusfan16
butts

But they smell so good

Took up boxing here lately. Shits fun yo. Accidently punched my coworker in the face tho when we were doing mitts. Kinda felt bad about that
Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #19925
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Just went grocery shopping. 1.9 lbs of steak, 3.7 lbs of chicken breast, and 1.5 lbs of snapper. Got some avocados, green beans, apples, pears, jalapenos, carrots and oranges. I'm planning on eating meat, fruits and vegetables exclusively for a week and see how I like it.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #19926
anthsband

I started doing this 15-20 minute calisthenics workout I found online. You do jumping jacks, pushups, squats, and situps. 20 seconds work - 10 seconds rest - 1 minute rest in between each round of 4 exercises. Keep doing it until you're done. It comes out to about 5-8 rounds depending on how long I do it. I'm not in shape at all so I'm not going crazy. It ends up being 100 jumping jacks, 50 pushups, 50 squats, xxx amount of situps depending on how fat I am that day lol Any opinions on this workout? I've been doing it basically every day for the past week and a half except weekends. Should I not do it everyday? I just wanna get myself into shape a little bit using my own body weight.
anthsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #19927
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthsband
I started doing this 15-20 minute calisthenics workout I found online. You do jumping jacks, pushups, squats, and situps. 20 seconds work - 10 seconds rest - 1 minute rest in between each round of 4 exercises. Keep doing it until you're done. It comes out to about 5-8 rounds depending on how long I do it. I'm not in shape at all so I'm not going crazy. It ends up being 100 jumping jacks, 50 pushups, 50 squats, xxx amount of situps depending on how fat I am that day lol Any opinions on this workout? I've been doing it basically every day for the past week and a half except weekends. Should I not do it everyday? I just wanna get myself into shape a little bit using my own body weight.

That'll be alright just to start doing SOMETHING, but once you're even vaguely in shape you could benefit from a much more varied program.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #19928
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
That'll be alright just to start doing SOMETHING, but once you're even vaguely in shape you could benefit from a much more varied program.

Yarp.

I think I bruised a tendon in my knees from rock climbing, tried to do squats today but something felt off in my knee so I stopped. Gonna take a week off squats and wait for the bruises to subside before squatting again.

Bench today was Bar*20, 135*10, 195*5, 215*5, 235*3, 255*1. Closed with 185*10 and 135*AMRAP. Gonna run this again on Friday with the 255lb single touch and go, then switch to paused next week.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 AM   #19929
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Ate a roughly .4 lb steak with an apple, an orange, and a whole avocado for breakfast. Snacked on some carrots, then had an 8 oz chicken breast for lunch. Ate my coworker's leftover steak which was about another 3 oz then had 8 oz of snapper for dinner. Felt a little hungrier than normal, which isn't surprising. I was planning on having a big salad, but my lettuce was all wilted.

Gym
Squats
135 1x5
225 1x5
245 3x5

Slowly building back my leg strength. They're the exercise that was affected the most by my neck/back injury, and my persistent knee pain is making them tough.

Supersetted some leg extensions with seated ham curls, then did lying leg curls. Burned out calves at the end with some standing calf raises.

I would like to do some unilateral leg work, but my knee hurts like a mother****er doing pretty much anything unilateral.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:39 AM   #19930
cha33 armstrong

Hey chaz, what do you usually eat on a cheat day?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:55 AM   #19931
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha33 armstrong
Hey chaz, what do you usually eat on a cheat day?

So this is pretty much a new thing for me. I'm trying a test week of just meats, fruits and vegetables to see how I feel. I've had acne since I was 15 years old, and not even prescription meds have helped with it. I've also been feeling a bit lethargic lately and I feel like my diet has a lot to do with that as well. So basically I'm trying to stick to as basic of a diet as I can and see if it helps and to see if I can maintain it.

I don't really have plans for a "cheat day." My food tastes good since it's all home-cooked high quality fresh food. I don't really like cheat days in general because they tend to turn into a 2-3 day binge for me. I previously have done an IIFYM style diet that also eliminated the need for cheat days because I would save some room in my day for frozen yogurt or something at the end. If I'm somewhere where I have to eat outside my diet plan, I'm not gonna kill myself over it. That's basically my approach to cheat days. I don't schedule them, but if they happen, they happen. I know a lot of people would probably disagree, but it works for me.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 AM   #19932
USCENDONE BENE
Smile

I bought a door frame pullup bar and i'm trying to figure out a varying routine (covering upper-body mostly) that I can do at home for the foreseeable future. Sadly as it fits in a door frame some fun stuff like windshield wipers are impossible.

So far i'm doing all the obvious pull-up/chin-up grip variations, working up to the widest grip pull-up by doing negatives. As for other muscle groups I do 'reverse' shrugs and hanging crunches on the bar, and push-up and tricep dips away from the bar. What else could I be doing for a more rounded workout?

I'm currently reading about the monkey, sounds worth a try.

^UrSoPaleo

Last edited by USCENDONE BENE : 01-27-2015 at 06:12 AM.
USCENDONE BENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #19933
cha33 armstrong

Just left the gym, had to tone down my workout today because I went in with indigestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
So this is pretty much a new thing for me. I'm trying a test week of just meats, fruits and vegetables to see how I feel. I've had acne since I was 15 years old, and not even prescription meds have helped with it. I've also been feeling a bit lethargic lately and I feel like my diet has a lot to do with that as well. So basically I'm trying to stick to as basic of a diet as I can and see if it helps and to see if I can maintain it.

I don't really have plans for a "cheat day." My food tastes good since it's all home-cooked high quality fresh food. I don't really like cheat days in general because they tend to turn into a 2-3 day binge for me. I previously have done an IIFYM style diet that also eliminated the need for cheat days because I would save some room in my day for frozen yogurt or something at the end. If I'm somewhere where I have to eat outside my diet plan, I'm not gonna kill myself over it. That's basically my approach to cheat days. I don't schedule them, but if they happen, they happen. I know a lot of people would probably disagree, but it works for me.

It actually kind of makes sense
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #19934
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCENDONE BENE
^UrSoPaleo

OK bud
Old 01-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #19935
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Today was my tryouts thing.

Did a 5 mile run immediately followed by a 5 mile ruck with 35 lbs. I did the run in 35:30, just over a 7 minute pace, and then ran the entire 5 mile ruck in 45, so a 9 minute pace. Total time, from start to finish and including the change over time for putting the ruck on and having an energy goo, was 1:22.

I'm pretty happy with that. I slowed my run time down a bit in order to be able to complete the ruck in a good time.
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #19936
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

volume legs day tonight. Last week I hit 275x20 on squats and tonight I'm going for 295x20.

wish me luck

edit: also, progress pic. Thats me on the left.

Last edited by sk8byf8bob : Yesterday at 05:11 PM.
sk8byf8bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #19937
angusfan16
butts

Two day IF is working out kinda nicely. This is third week and I've already noticed some changes. Getting really close to my goal now, only took 35 weeks of cutting
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #19938
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Ugh. Got a fish bone stuck in my throat last night and now my esophagus is all scratched to hell.

Had a quick shoulder day at the gym.

Lateral raises
25 1x8
30 3x8

Shoulder Press:
50 1x8
60 1x8
80 1x5 1x4

Rear delt flys:
25 1x8
30 3x8

Overhead barbell carries
55 lbs 2x1min.

I think shoulders are my least favorite muscles to train.
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #19939
sonic_hippy
UG Newbie

Training shoulders is boring to me. Is always between squats and deads so it like a choir.

I think I am going to start 5/3/1/ Boring but big on Monday. I need a change up.
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #19940
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

I'm feeling like this upcoming week is going to be a variety week. Gonna do lighter weight higher reps, and try to work on some stuff on chest day to get me through my sticking points.

Rate This Thread: