Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #7521
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
 
chev311e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
Like mentioned, doubting relationships work because of the thread meant to solve (or at least help solve) relationship problems, is like doubting healthy people exist, because of what you've seen in hospitals.



Those places have an air of desperation. The difference between being a man and a woman in any online forum is going to show, especially if she's attractive. You're probably better off trying to attract that one girl on the street, rather than hope she reads your message, out of a sea of a thousand.


And then even when I do see an attractive girl on there it makes me wonder what the hell she's even doing there. I've just actually seen some real success stories with it which is why I got interested but now I'm realizing that I really have to be desperate to enjoy it and I guess I'm not there yet lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
You can't spell rap without cRap


chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #7522
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?
 
kikaykitko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
Recently joined a dating site... I don't know if it's my thing though. I just don't really get it, like I figured what it would be like, but once you realize that it's literally all about just scrolling through hundreds of thumbnails of girls and then picking one that you're attracted to and message her or whatever, it's sort of weird. I don't know, maybe I'm just too new to it. I know it's not all based on looks, but the stupid questions you answer don't help at all.

Any thoughts/ experience on the subject?

It's an easy way to meet someone for one sole purpose - maybe sleep with the hottest person who will also be attracted to you.

You could always try UG. This is where I met my BF, a few versions of the RT ago LOL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
kikaykitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #7523
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikaykitko
It's an easy way to meet someone for one sole purpose - maybe sleep with the hottest person who will also be attracted to you.

You could always try UG. This is where I met my BF, a few versions of the RT ago LOL



I have a relationship but I'm available for some "fun" if you know what I mean Chev. HMU

seriously though I've tried dating sites but they're not for me. Nobody really messaged me. wich, because I'm quite fat, I did expect
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #7524
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?
 
kikaykitko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
I have a relationship but I'm available for some "fun" if you know what I mean Chev. HMU

seriously though I've tried dating sites but they're not for me. Nobody really messaged me. wich, because I'm quite fat, I did expect

Depends on which sites you've been on. I imagine if it's something you pay for, you have better chances of actually getting matched. If it's something like OKC, they really just message you based on your pic or how much you say you make, I guess.

Also, men don't get as much messages as girl apparently.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
kikaykitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #7525
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
^^ Lol i love how that somehow surprises you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #7526
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
I've been in tinder, OKC and some of the more serious dating sites. I've had a few talks here and there but nothing really better than superficial chatter. Didn't surprise me at all so I just stopped.
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #7527
WCPhils
UG Addict
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Loser post alert.

Ok, so there is this girl in one of my classes who is super cute, and we've talked a few times after class while heading to our cars but that's it really. I know this is like extremely little information to go on but should I ask for her number? To grab something to eat? Idk what the **** I'm doing. Do people still go on dates? It's been too long....

It's seriously been forever since I've gone on a date or anything like that. She seems to enjoy our conversations and stuff, but they're just about our class 90% of the time since they're so short. I don't even know if she's single lol
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #7528
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
 
chev311e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Loser post alert.

Ok, so there is this girl in one of my classes who is super cute, and we've talked a few times after class while heading to our cars but that's it really. I know this is like extremely little information to go on but should I ask for her number? To grab something to eat? Idk what the **** I'm doing. Do people still go on dates? It's been too long....

It's seriously been forever since I've gone on a date or anything like that. She seems to enjoy our conversations and stuff, but they're just about our class 90% of the time since they're so short. I don't even know if she's single lol


I would go with the number first. Walk with her to her car and when you're about to say your goodbyes just pop the question. Then you'll be able to text and talk to her more, and then if things are going well you could ask her out. Also, talk more about personal things, get to really know her, she'll be more responding once you ask for the number.

The reason I say number first is just because she could be put off if you're someone who doesn't really know her and then randomly ask to go for drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikaykitko
Depends on which sites you've been on. I imagine if it's something you pay for, you have better chances of actually getting matched. If it's something like OKC, they really just message you based on your pic or how much you say you make, I guess.

Also, men don't get as much messages as girl apparently.


yea honestly it's making me think I'm superficial, but really does anyone care about the stupid algorithm bs OKC has? I sure don't. The majority of the questions I gave zero shits about what my 'partner' would answer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
You can't spell rap without cRap



Last edited by chev311e : 11-20-2014 at 04:34 PM.
chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #7529
WCPhils
UG Addict
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
I would go with the number first. Walk with her to her car and when you're about to say your goodbyes just pop the question. Then you'll be able to text and talk to her more, and then if things are going well you could ask her out. Also, talk more about personal things, get to really know her, she'll be more responding once you ask for the number.

The reason I say number first is just because she could be put off if you're someone who doesn't really know her and then randomly ask to go for drinks.

Yea, this is what I was thinking.

I have this horrible habit of thinking no one gives a crap about what I'm saying even though I know it's not true. (Yay for low self esteem ) So yea, basically I just end conversations because I assume people don't wanna talk to me. I was dead set on asking for her number today and it just didn't happen. We were talking about something and then she was getting in her car saying goodbye and it would have just been awkward at that point.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #7530
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?
 
kikaykitko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e


yea honestly it's making me think I'm superficial, but really does anyone care about the stupid algorithm bs OKC has? I sure don't. The majority of the questions I gave zero shits about what my 'partner' would answer.

But really, how is that any different from meeting someone in a physical space? You're still going to go for the most attractive person (whether that means you pay attention to them or actually talk to them). Personalities are great and all, but no one gets approached because they're a ray of sunshine who'll always have your back. You get approached because, goddamn, you're hot.

Online dating sites just makes it easier because the rejection isn't as in your face. Literally.

Edit: If I ever have to date again, I will certainly use these methods. I'm too lazy to go meet people. And I don't have the heart to tell people, "Uh, can you not?" in a public space.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.

Last edited by kikaykitko : 11-20-2014 at 05:17 PM.
kikaykitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #7531
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikaykitko
But really, how is that any different from meeting someone in a physical space? You're still going to go for the most attractive person (whether that means you pay attention to them or actually talk to them). Personalities are great and all, but no one gets approached because they're a ray of sunshine who'll always have your back. You get approached because, goddamn, you're hot.

Online dating sites just makes it easier because the rejection isn't as in your face. Literally.

Edit: If I ever have to date again, I will certainly use these methods. I'm too lazy to go meet people. And I don't have the heart to tell people, "Uh, can you not?" in a public space.


I think this is why I was never approached and had to do all the dirty work lol.
Dating sites are definitely not a bad thing, but there's a lot more ways to scam someone with your profile than there are ways to scam someone in real life.
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:48 AM   #7532
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
 
Freezer Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US


Hiya ladies and gents
__________________
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #7533
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
 
Ssargentslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Burn


Hiya ladies and gents

Your name rings a bell but I am too tired to remember
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 AM   #7534
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
a wild FB appears


where have you been
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.