User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #7521
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
Like mentioned, doubting relationships work because of the thread meant to solve (or at least help solve) relationship problems, is like doubting healthy people exist, because of what you've seen in hospitals.

Those places have an air of desperation. The difference between being a man and a woman in any online forum is going to show, especially if she's attractive. You're probably better off trying to attract that one girl on the street, rather than hope she reads your message, out of a sea of a thousand.

And then even when I do see an attractive girl on there it makes me wonder what the hell she's even doing there. I've just actually seen some real success stories with it which is why I got interested but now I'm realizing that I really have to be desperate to enjoy it and I guess I'm not there yet lol

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #7522
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
Recently joined a dating site... I don't know if it's my thing though. I just don't really get it, like I figured what it would be like, but once you realize that it's literally all about just scrolling through hundreds of thumbnails of girls and then picking one that you're attracted to and message her or whatever, it's sort of weird. I don't know, maybe I'm just too new to it. I know it's not all based on looks, but the stupid questions you answer don't help at all.

Any thoughts/ experience on the subject?

It's an easy way to meet someone for one sole purpose - maybe sleep with the hottest person who will also be attracted to you.

You could always try UG. This is where I met my BF, a few versions of the RT ago LOL
kikaykitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #7523
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikaykitko
It's an easy way to meet someone for one sole purpose - maybe sleep with the hottest person who will also be attracted to you.

You could always try UG. This is where I met my BF, a few versions of the RT ago LOL

I have a relationship but I'm available for some "fun" if you know what I mean Chev. HMU

seriously though I've tried dating sites but they're not for me. Nobody really messaged me. wich, because I'm quite fat, I did expect

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #7524
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
I have a relationship but I'm available for some "fun" if you know what I mean Chev. HMU

seriously though I've tried dating sites but they're not for me. Nobody really messaged me. wich, because I'm quite fat, I did expect

Depends on which sites you've been on. I imagine if it's something you pay for, you have better chances of actually getting matched. If it's something like OKC, they really just message you based on your pic or how much you say you make, I guess.

Also, men don't get as much messages as girl apparently.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #7525
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

^^ Lol i love how that somehow surprises you
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #7526
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

I've been in tinder, OKC and some of the more serious dating sites. I've had a few talks here and there but nothing really better than superficial chatter. Didn't surprise me at all so I just stopped.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N
Old 11-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #7527
WCPhils
UG Addict

Loser post alert.

Ok, so there is this girl in one of my classes who is super cute, and we've talked a few times after class while heading to our cars but that's it really. I know this is like extremely little information to go on but should I ask for her number? To grab something to eat? Idk what the **** I'm doing. Do people still go on dates? It's been too long....

It's seriously been forever since I've gone on a date or anything like that. She seems to enjoy our conversations and stuff, but they're just about our class 90% of the time since they're so short. I don't even know if she's single lol
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #7528
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Loser post alert.

Ok, so there is this girl in one of my classes who is super cute, and we've talked a few times after class while heading to our cars but that's it really. I know this is like extremely little information to go on but should I ask for her number? To grab something to eat? Idk what the **** I'm doing. Do people still go on dates? It's been too long....

It's seriously been forever since I've gone on a date or anything like that. She seems to enjoy our conversations and stuff, but they're just about our class 90% of the time since they're so short. I don't even know if she's single lol

I would go with the number first. Walk with her to her car and when you're about to say your goodbyes just pop the question. Then you'll be able to text and talk to her more, and then if things are going well you could ask her out. Also, talk more about personal things, get to really know her, she'll be more responding once you ask for the number.

The reason I say number first is just because she could be put off if you're someone who doesn't really know her and then randomly ask to go for drinks.

Quote:
Depends on which sites you've been on. I imagine if it's something you pay for, you have better chances of actually getting matched. If it's something like OKC, they really just message you based on your pic or how much you say you make, I guess.

Also, men don't get as much messages as girl apparently.

yea honestly it's making me think I'm superficial, but really does anyone care about the stupid algorithm bs OKC has? I sure don't. The majority of the questions I gave zero shits about what my 'partner' would answer.

Last edited by chev311e : 11-20-2014 at 04:34 PM.
chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #7529
WCPhils
UG Addict

Quote:
I would go with the number first. Walk with her to her car and when you're about to say your goodbyes just pop the question. Then you'll be able to text and talk to her more, and then if things are going well you could ask her out. Also, talk more about personal things, get to really know her, she'll be more responding once you ask for the number.

The reason I say number first is just because she could be put off if you're someone who doesn't really know her and then randomly ask to go for drinks.

Yea, this is what I was thinking.

I have this horrible habit of thinking no one gives a crap about what I'm saying even though I know it's not true. (Yay for low self esteem ) So yea, basically I just end conversations because I assume people don't wanna talk to me. I was dead set on asking for her number today and it just didn't happen. We were talking about something and then she was getting in her car saying goodbye and it would have just been awkward at that point.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #7530
kikaykitko
Who would Jesus do?

Quote:

yea honestly it's making me think I'm superficial, but really does anyone care about the stupid algorithm bs OKC has? I sure don't. The majority of the questions I gave zero shits about what my 'partner' would answer.

But really, how is that any different from meeting someone in a physical space? You're still going to go for the most attractive person (whether that means you pay attention to them or actually talk to them). Personalities are great and all, but no one gets approached because they're a ray of sunshine who'll always have your back. You get approached because, goddamn, you're hot.

Online dating sites just makes it easier because the rejection isn't as in your face. Literally.

Edit: If I ever have to date again, I will certainly use these methods. I'm too lazy to go meet people. And I don't have the heart to tell people, "Uh, can you not?" in a public space.

Last edited by kikaykitko : 11-20-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #7531
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
But really, how is that any different from meeting someone in a physical space? You're still going to go for the most attractive person (whether that means you pay attention to them or actually talk to them). Personalities are great and all, but no one gets approached because they're a ray of sunshine who'll always have your back. You get approached because, goddamn, you're hot.

Online dating sites just makes it easier because the rejection isn't as in your face. Literally.

Edit: If I ever have to date again, I will certainly use these methods. I'm too lazy to go meet people. And I don't have the heart to tell people, "Uh, can you not?" in a public space.

I think this is why I was never approached and had to do all the dirty work lol.
Dating sites are definitely not a bad thing, but there's a lot more ways to scam someone with your profile than there are ways to scam someone in real life.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N
Old Today, 01:48 AM   #7532
Freezer Burn
Doesnt Afraid of Anything

Hiya ladies and gents

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Freezer Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #7533
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser

Quote: