Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Lanky24
LANKY24

How to get the best of a Talkbox?

Afternoon Folks,

I have built a talk box, I spare you the details, it functions as an all it one unit, ie - it has the power amp to drive the horn driver and the mic pre-amp for return feed. It works great so long as I use a pre-amp effect such as overdrive/distortion/fuzz etc. before driving the horn driver.

I am looking into including an adjustable effect such as the ones above, the question here is, what effect would best for the given situation?

I am gravitating towards a fuzz/hi-gain on the grounds that my technological knowledge tells me the driver has a high frequency low end cut off.

Opinions and Ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Lanky
\m/ \m/
Lanky24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Lanky24
LANKY24

Update... I have a wide range of schematics to choose from that might do the job here:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schematics.html

Lanky
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
LeviMan_2001

I built a talkbox using a 10 watt squier amp. Worked great, no return line of course though.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Lanky24
LANKY24

Cheers man.

I've got a multi-effects pedal with a few different drive amp effects, gonna experiment this weekend.

Rate This Thread: