Search:

Old 03-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #4761
NogginNogbad

Cheers emad...
NogginNogbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #4762
jpjeffery
JJ (UK)

Well, my tab got Moderator approved yesterday, which is lovely. However, when I search for it by song name I can't find it. When I search for it by band name, again it doesn't show. But when I click on the band name link, it does show!
jpjeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #4763
emad
Rocker

It usually takes a few hours for the servers to get refreshed. Don't worry then.
emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #4764
jpjeffery
JJ (UK)

Well, it took over 24 hours...

But it's there now, so happy days!

Thanks again, emad.
jpjeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #4765
SingingStrings7

My tab got rejected because I put my band's name-song name as the title and misc your songs as the artist. Why???
SingingStrings7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #4766
NeoMvsEu
Sing the anthem of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingStrings7
My tab got rejected because I put my band's name-song name as the title and misc your songs as the artist. Why???

You've already submitted it once. Also, quote you: "Can you please reject this one."
NeoMvsEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #4767
onecentrob

Song: Sam Stone
Artist: John Prine
Type: Chords and lyrics

I submitted the chords and lyrics for the above song the other day because there were no accurate chords for the 1971 Album version. Within about 2 minutes of submitting it, it was rejected by someone who wrote: "your tab is great and 1st version is not a good tab. but still no need to make new version. I modify 1st version for you. and also modify some Chord that cannot detect. enjoy your tab in 1st version."

So he/she rejected my tab and then copied and pasted it over the top of an existing version which is rated with 3 stars and was terrible. Not only that but the reviewer didn't even copy the tab correctly. I had used lower case letter to distinguish the notes of the bass runs from the chords, which were in CAPS. He turned all the bass notes into capitals which makes the tab completely wrong.

Here is the tab as it now appears: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...htm#com_4916573

I appealed the rejection and explained what had happened. The appeal was then rejected because it was "a duplicate". But it was only a duplicate of my own work!

What is the point of transcribing and submitting new tabs if reviewers/moderators are just going to reject them and then paste them over the top of tabs which have already been rated as bad? And not even do that properly.
onecentrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #4768
carriep63

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecentrob
Song: Sam Stone
Artist: John Prine
Type: Chords and lyrics

I submitted the chords and lyrics for the above song the other day because there were no accurate chords for the 1971 Album version. Within about 2 minutes of submitting it, it was rejected by someone who wrote: "your tab is great and 1st version is not a good tab. but still no need to make new version. I modify 1st version for you. and also modify some Chord that cannot detect. enjoy your tab in 1st version."

So he/she rejected my tab and then copied and pasted it over the top of an existing version which is rated with 3 stars and was terrible. Not only that but the reviewer didn't even copy the tab correctly. I had used lower case letter to distinguish the notes of the bass runs from the chords, which were in CAPS. He turned all the bass notes into capitals which makes the tab completely wrong.

Here is the tab as it now appears: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...htm#com_4916573

I appealed the rejection and explained what had happened. The appeal was then rejected because it was "a duplicate". But it was only a duplicate of my own work!

What is the point of transcribing and submitting new tabs if reviewers/moderators are just going to reject them and then paste them over the top of tabs which have already been rated as bad? And not even do that properly.

This is unacceptable. This user should not be doing this. Emad - what can be done about it? This guy has done this to at least 20 other people!

EDIT = Nevermind, Zappp is on it already. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Last edited by carriep63 : Yesterday at 01:27 PM.
carriep63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #4769
onecentrob

This issue has now been resolved. Version 1 has been restored to what it was before my tab was pasted over it. I have re-submitted my tab and that has now been accepted. Good to know that the UG community can resolve these issues. Thanks to everyone who helped. My faith in UG is restored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriep63
This is unacceptable. This user should not be doing this. Emad - what can be done about it? This guy has done this to at least 20 other people!

EDIT = Nevermind, Zappp is on it already. Thanks for bringing it to our attention
onecentrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:36 AM   #4770
emad
Rocker

emad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: