Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Slayer127

Original Song - Destroy & Rebuild (C4C)

Its part of my solo project:

Thanks for checking it out!
Slayer127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
aaron aardvark

Slayer127,
Vocal style is not what I typically listen to, so I'll focus on the guitar riffs, which are the best part of the song for me (good). Guitar playing is pretty tight. Drums are appropriate for the song. Good lead guitar! Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581578
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
thetoastinator
UG Addict

Cool riffs man, cant say anything about the guitar playing in this song. I would lower the snare just a little in the mix, it seems to be popping out a little more than it should IMO, and also, I would turn the vocals down just a touch and add a bit of reverb and delay to them to make them mesh with the rest of the song a little better.

Check a song out from my bands album?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1583251
Custom Strat Copy
Bugera 6260 Head
Peavey XXX Head
Krank Revolution Cab
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss NS-2

Like old school heavy metal? Check out Xstrophy!
thetoastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
\m/Gaz

Hey,
I liked the intro, the riffs reminded me a bit of DAATH. Then when the vocals come in the reminded me a lot of Chuck from Death (and other early death/thrash band vocals). I liked the melodic riffs under the vocals at around 1 minute, and I liked the solo under the vocals at about 1:30, fit in really well without taking focus from the vocals. The breakdown was good, simple and effective.
I wasn't such a fan of the clean vocals, or the second solo, seemed a bit too improvised/poorly prepared for me. But I did like the final solo, that one was really cool Overall a really good song and something I could see myself listening to, and with production I don't see much wrong with it, maybe the snare is a little loud at times and the lead tone could use some work, but aside from that it's great!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582643

Last edited by \m/Gaz : 01-18-2013 at 01:33 PM.
\m/Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
crushingmetal

Really good production, drums sound great and punchy. That part where the drums go half time at 0:50, I think you should have like a crash cymbal on every eighth note, instead of just the ride cymbal you have atm, I think it sounds cool when you go half time to have some crazy cymbals going on. I notice some people are saying the snare is too loud, I don't think it is but I think it has a bit too much 'pop' and sounds a bit, i dunno , just a bit strange, maybe trying some different samples would help. The clean vocals have plenty of emotion but I feel the vocal melodies are a bit bland. The riff around 3:20 is sweet, and in fact all the rhythm playing is nice and tight. That lead at around 0:38 is cool, it has a nice contrast with the harsh vocals.

Overall, great track, well structured and played
C4C http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582540

Last edited by crushingmetal : 01-19-2013 at 04:31 AM.
crushingmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Slayer127

Quote:
Originally Posted by \m/Gaz
Hey,
I liked the intro, the riffs reminded me a bit of DAATH. Then when the vocals come in the reminded me a lot of Chuck from Death (and other early death/thrash band vocals). I liked the melodic riffs under the vocals at around 1 minute, and I liked the solo under the vocals at about 1:30, fit in really well without taking focus from the vocals. The breakdown was good, simple and effective.
I wasn't such a fan of the clean vocals, or the second solo, seemed a bit too improvised/poorly prepared for me. But I did like the final solo, that one was really cool Overall a really good song and something I could see myself listening to, and with production I don't see much wrong with it, maybe the snare is a little loud at times and the lead tone could use some work, but aside from that it's great!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582643

Thank you! Death is one of my favorite bands so that is nice to hear.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
mattmakaha

Very tight guitar riffs...
Drums overall sound really good, although there's something about the snare drum....maybe it's just me, but maybe a little different snare sound would be a bit better, I'm not a drummer so I don't know how to describe it, maybe it's just too dry sounding, I don't know...

I love your lead guitar tone, it sounds like you are using a little bit of delay (I mean very short delay like used almost like a chorus effect) on the lead guitar tone around the 1:25 - 1:54 mark, which stood out to me, because I don't normally hear that in this genre.

I like the vocal overlays at the 2:36 - 2:43 mark, cool!!!
Overall, pretty intense to me!

Could you go to my thread and maybe leave a comment:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1584084
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Splitvision

Liked the riffs throughout, and they're played really well. I also think the guitars is well mixed in the song and the rythm guitars have a good, full tone. I agree with what most have mentioned about the drums, they are well arranged and fit the riffs, and is very tight sounding. That was also one of the problems I was having with the drumming, it seemed a little too mechanical, every kick and snare hit sounded identical. I dare guess that they're MIDI, and if so I always prefer it when you mess around with the velocity and and positions of the notes just a bit so that it's not inhumanely perfectly quantized. If it's a real drummer I suppose he/she's just too good haha. So even though the very frenetic and clinical type of drumming is fitting for music like this I'd ease up on it a bit, if possible. My only complaints would concern the vocals, I not a fan of growling and I think your clean singing could be improved. Otherwise good stuff!

Leaving a link here in case you feel like critting back:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1584403
Splitvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
OurRequiem

Sounding good. I like actually think the vocals are done pretty well minus the clean singing did not like that but im picky with my cleans in metal. maybe mix up the vocal techniques a little bit it seems that you do the same pitch or growl i guess through out the whole song . No complaints about the guitar nice and tight the riffs were good flowed well. And yeah its already been said, the snare does sound a little too loud.

everyones doing it so why not me?
check out my previews in my signature just quick clips tell me what you think
-Jackson DR7, EMGs (selling)
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w (maybe a veteran30swap?)
OurRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
Slayer127

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurRequiem
Sounding good. I like actually think the vocals are done pretty well minus the clean singing did not like that but im picky with my cleans in metal. maybe mix up the vocal techniques a little bit it seems that you do the same pitch or growl i guess through out the whole song . No complaints about the guitar nice and tight the riffs were good flowed well. And yeah its already been said, the snare does sound a little too loud.

everyones doing it so why not me?
check out my previews in my signature just quick clips tell me what you think

Thanks, yeah i know my cleans arent great. And I realized that my growls are kinda following the same pattern the whole entire song. I uploaded an instrumental version though.

Rate This Thread: