Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #181
Zeropathic

Aw yeah!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #182
Harmonius
Impulsive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
^Checking my list, those sites are authorised dealers for several other brands, so there shouldn't be a problem with fakes.

Oh, and as of a phonecall I made to a rep today, I have some Grado SR2is and an RA1 headphone amp on their way.

Don't forget to review them once they arrive! I received my Fiio E11 Amp today (nothing special but what do you expect from something which costs 40). It's more bass than anything but I guess I can't really test them out until my MK2s arrive. Delirium, where do you get the money for all this expensive stuff?!

Also:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valve-Cla...50&cmd=ViewItem

Very interested in getting some tube amps just for testing. Any experience with them?

And - I want:

Beyerdynamic Tesla T1

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題

Last edited by Harmonius : 10-27-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Harmonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #183
im not mental
How tough are ya?

i have sony mdr-v6's. they are hands down the best headphones i've ever owned, and they're a steal at ~$65
Old 10-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #184
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

I work in a hifi shop as an assistant manager. Reps want us to own their stuff- what sounds better in a sales pitch than 'I own this?' So I get stuff fairly cheap (below trade price- margins for the shops are pitiful, but as I buy direct from manufacturer, I eat into their margin with my purchases). I'm currently looking at about 5k worth of hifi and television right now. I didn't pay 5k. I'm also lucky that I don't have a lot of outgoings.
Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #185
BenRaah
well tuned

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's on their way in the post!

soundcloud
BenRaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #186
ledzepplin6914

all knowing headphone thread, i need a cheaper (under $30) pair of earbuds for school so they need to be durable enough to withstand being squished into my pocket on a regular basis and of decent sound quality
ledzepplin6914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #187
Duffman123
Endless Thrusting

Just looked on amazon and the Sennheiser CX 300-II's are nearly 35, crazy! I bought them for 15 off amazon a year back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRaah
I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50's on their way in the post!

How much did you pay for them?

║║║╚╝║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║
╚═╩══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Duffman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #188
conor-figgy
UG's LX Tech

I'm looking for a pair of closed back headphones for a max price of 150. I'm looking for something durable (from use, not me throwing them at walls) but portable.

So, I was originally looking at these Sennheiser HD 25-1 II but they're a bit over budget at 175. Now if there's nothing better within my budget I might be pushed to get these.
conor-figgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #189
Duffman123
Endless Thrusting

Oh wow, we have a headphone thread, who would have thought it.

Anyway, the wire of my audio technica ath es55's has twisted quite a bit, and little things like this generally ruin an enjoyable listening experience for me. I found a very dodgy answer on yahoo answers which said to heat the wires with a hair dryer on low heat and they will untwist, would this work?

║║║╚╝║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║
╚═╩══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╝
Duffman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #190
racertj5
Wannabe Guitar God

Looking for a decent pair of headphones, I want them for guitar playing as my amp has a headphone jack. I don't do any recording right now but I want something that I can use for music from my ipod computer etc. as well. Say under $100 but as cheap as possible, i'd prefer wireless but I'll do wired if I have to
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
racertj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #191
Minkaro
Banned

I'm looking for another pair of headphones (over-ear, noise cancelling), but every time I find a pair that look good, I check reviews and I always find "these break after a few months" or "cable is weak."

I've had a couple of pairs of Skullycandy foldy uppy beasties, and the ones I've been using lately are Superlux HD681 Headphones, which I bought in November and have just died. I'm using them mainly for a bus journey, then a fifteen minute walk into work, so I don't think I'm challenging them too hard.

Can any of you recommend a good pair that will last? 200 is my absolute maximum price, I can't justify spending any more than that. Sound quality isn't a high priority.
Minkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #192
matt bickerton
wants a better username

I was given a pair of Bose AE2s for my 21st birthday (so October 2011) and I absolutely love them. Maybe not the perfect choice to use in the studio or anything, but as hi-fi headphones they are absolutely fantastic, I can't rate them highly enough. Well worth the 120 price tag, or thereabouts. They aren't officially noise-cancelling however, but as they fight nicely over your ears they still do block out some outside noise naturally anyway.

I have no intention of ever buying them, but just a general question, are Beats by Dre actually any good? I see so many people with them, but I can't help but think they just look like idiots who have only bought them because of Dre's name on them. Saying that though, I've never once listened to a pair, so my elitist judgement is a little unfair! Ha.
matt bickerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #193
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
I'm looking for another pair of headphones (over-ear, noise cancelling), but every time I find a pair that look good, I check reviews and I always find "these break after a few months" or "cable is weak."

I've had a couple of pairs of Skullycandy foldy uppy beasties, and the ones I've been using lately are Superlux HD681 Headphones, which I bought in November and have just died. I'm using them mainly for a bus journey, then a fifteen minute walk into work, so I don't think I'm challenging them too hard.

Can any of you recommend a good pair that will last? 200 is my absolute maximum price, I can't justify spending any more than that. Sound quality isn't a high priority.

Goldring NS1000. You're welcome

And to you above- Dre's are shit, and that is in no way an elitist judgement. On the point of noise cancelling, most of it is done via isolation anyway. Noise cancelling only really works with constant droning sounds, e.g. plane engines due to how it works (small microphone in headset picks up outside noise, this gets turned into a negative version, and another little speaker plays that, +1 + -1=0). Naturally, in dynamic environments, the sound you want cancelled can be gone before the process happens.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #194
Rocketface2112
Face of rockery

hey im looking to get a new set of headphones. i need some help deciding what to get.
i currently have some bose ae2 they sound great i love them. i mainly use them for listening to music on my laptop.

Im not set on any particular brand, Im willing to spend around $350 for them.
I want over ear headphones that don't are NOT open back design. don't want them too big looking
(bose are a good size maybe bit bigger is fine)

was thinking to get noise cancelling ones but thats not a big deal

heres what i was thinking..but what do i know
Monster Inspiration Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 15 Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Sennheiser Momentum

any ideas??

Thanks
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Celestion G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice

Last edited by Rocketface2112 : 03-26-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Rocketface2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #195
SMB13
Lead Bass

So, I had my apartment broken into the other week and amongst the things taken were my AKG 702's. Was a sad day, but luckily insurance has me covered. I went to get another set of 702's, but I noticed they're now made in China and some people have been saying they have some issues.

With that said, I'm looking to spend around $300 on headphones again. I really enjoyed the 702's and how clear , neutral and responsive they were and would like something similar. I'm mainly using the cans for studio work, but also plugging into a guitar/bass amp and listening to music.

Thanks for the help guys
SMB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #196
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB13
So, I had my apartment broken into the other week and amongst the things taken were my AKG 702's. Was a sad day, but luckily insurance has me covered. I went to get another set of 702's, but I noticed they're now made in China and some people have been saying they have some issues.

With that said, I'm looking to spend around $300 on headphones again. I really enjoyed the 702's and how clear , neutral and responsive they were and would like something similar. I'm mainly using the cans for studio work, but also plugging into a guitar/bass amp and listening to music.

Thanks for the help guys

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of Chinese manufacturing. I've opened up more amps and CD players than I care to remember, and more often than not, the attention to detail in a lot of the Chinese stuff was excellent.

Anyhoos, for $300, look for the PSB M4U 1. For $400, the B&W P7.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #197
Thrashtastic15
cleanest team in hockey

Delirium, mind giving me your two cents?

Looking to upgrade from my Sennheiser HD 595's. Nothing really wrong with them, in fact I'm quite happy with them. They are still in excellent shape, are comfortable as hell even while using them for extended periods, I love open back & the more "neutral" sound. Probably getting close to 5 years now.

But I wouldn't mind dropping some money on something new. Any similar type of headphones that would offer a significant upgrade? Something that does the same things my headphones do now only much better. Willing to drop up to $500 in Canada money if its worth it.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #198
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Are these for home use, portable or both?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #199
Thrashtastic15
cleanest team in hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
Are these for home use, portable or both?

Home use. Open back is preferred for that reason.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #200
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Right, for home use, I'm going to use your whole budget, but not just on a pair of headphones. A HIGHLY overlooked part of headphones for home use is how they're being driven. An Arcam rPAC or Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/headphone amp feeding a pair of Grado SR125i or SR225i (probably the 125, but I don't know the Canadian prices) would be pretty spot on.

Rate This Thread: