Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Robbin'TheHood
Reggae Freak

Location: Down here at the Pawn Shop what has been sold not strictly made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone
Squier Jagmaster

I've always loved the look of the Fender Jaguar Blacktop, but I can't seem to find any model of them that has a tremolo. Recently I came across the Squier Jagmaster, which appeared to be a Jaguar Blacktop style with a true tremolo system. As a squier and at half the price of the jaguar I'm a bit dubious of them. I would do a pick up change with the Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and JB in the bridge. Are they any good?
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Robbin'TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
barbuzim1

I would stay away from any Squier with tremolo system. unless your hobby is guitar tuning & not guitar playing.
barbuzim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
BradIon1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbuzim1
I would stay away from any Squier with tremolo system. unless your hobby is guitar tuning & not guitar playing.

Don't listen to this. With due care and maintenence, and replacing the tuners, they stay in tune just as well as any Fender. Even my Bullet Strat stays in tune.

A mate of mine has a Squier Jazzmaster, and it's an absolutely awesome guitar for its price. With a pickup upgrade and new tuners, the Jagmaster will be great.

I highly advise going for it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Dempsey68
UG's John Mayer Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradIon1995
Don't listen to this. With due care and maintenence, and replacing the tuners, they stay in tune just as well as any Fender. Even my Bullet Strat stays in tune.

A mate of mine has a Squier Jazzmaster, and it's an absolutely awesome guitar for its price. With a pickup upgrade and new tuners, the Jagmaster will be great.

I highly advise going for it.

this

people who say that squiers with tuning issues with trem systems are people who clearly either beat s**t out of the trem system (get a floyd for that, a regular trem is merely for slight use) or people who don't care enough about their instrument to bother getting it set-up properly (either by themself or paying a man to do it)
Dempsey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
Robbin'TheHood
Reggae Freak

Location: Down here at the Pawn Shop what has been sold not strictly made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey68
this

people who say that squiers with tuning issues with trem systems are people who clearly either beat s**t out of the trem system (get a floyd for that, a regular trem is merely for slight use) or people who don't care enough about their instrument to bother getting it set-up properly (either by themself or paying a man to do it)

I have a guitar with a floyd currently, but it's really unnecessary as I barely ever play anything with heavy tremolo.

Thanks for the input.
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Robbin'TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
FoolOnThePlanet
Listen to the pillows

The Jags are great guitars, I've played a few. I'd recommend it. Anything that is wrong can be fixed, don't listen to the other guy. Squiers can be set up to be amazing. I have a Squier Mustang that rarely loses tune and a Squier strat the same.
FoolOnThePlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Discomonkey33

I've noticed that some of the cheaper tremolo units have slight issues holding tune when setting up a ticker gauge string set, or going from one tuning to another. EVEN WHEN set up properly.

My USA strat never had this problem, a cheaper peavey strat did. I can't say much about the cheaper fender trems though.
Discomonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
desperatechris
Banned

Yeah just replace the tuners and maybe change the tremolo to original us trem.
desperatechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
narinderkapur

I own a Squier Jagmaster, and I'm saving up money for a pickup change. It's a brilliant guitar, to put it simply, and it stays in tune, for quite a long while.

Tonally, the tremolo gives me the exact surf feel I experiment with sometimes, and the stock strings that came with my piece are magical.

I'd definitely recommend this one. Go for it.
narinderkapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
JustRooster
Organ Donor

That trem is great if you tighten the springs down to the body and never use the whammy bar.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: