Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #8501
Somekid94
Dingus

Two innocent people dead, and all we can do is blame guns? We can't let the families grieve, we have to blame the guns.

When are people going to understand that guns aren't the problem? It's the crazy mother****ers that snap who are the problem. Everyone in this generation is under so much stress and then they lose it. We need to give help to those who need it and let the families grieve. Banning inanimate objects that most people (myself included) use for nothing more than target practice and recreation won't stop the crazed and deranged. It won't mend the wounds of the families whose loved ones have been taken away from them. It won't fix the problem.

People are the problem. Not the guns or the "gun grabbers."

Now let the families grieve and maybe we can find a way to stop killing each other.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #8502
i_lovemetallica
Les, Les Vegetables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Two innocent people dead, and all we can do is blame guns? We can't let the families grieve, we have to blame the guns.

When are people going to understand that guns aren't the problem? It's the crazy mother****ers that snap who are the problem. Everyone in this generation is under so much stress and then they lose it. We need to give help to those who need it and let the families grieve. Banning inanimate objects that most people (myself included) use for nothing more than target practice and recreation won't stop the crazed and deranged. It won't mend the wounds of the families whose loved ones have been taken away from them. It won't fix the problem.

People are the problem. Not the guns or the "gun grabbers."

Now let the families grieve and maybe we can find a way to stop killing each other.

From my perspective, the argument seems to be more about the access that people in America have to guns. It doesn't detract from it being a tragedy at all, but it is a question that must be asked every time this happened, how do people who are mentally unstable or similar get access to firearms?
I was raised on Winnie the Pooh. There's multiple vhs tapes somewhere in the world where I appear totally nude wearing only honey yellow bear ears and a red T-shirt singing the theme song to that show
i_lovemetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #8503
Somekid94
Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_lovemetallica
From my perspective, the argument seems to be more about the access that people in America have to guns. It doesn't detract from it being a tragedy at all, but it is a question that must be asked every time this happened, how do people who are mentally unstable or similar get access to firearms?

It's a good question to ask, and for some reason the far right and NRA don't like the answer. It is to have stricter gun laws. Who knew a few extra hoops for a safer tomorrow was so bad? A state or a law can only do so much though. If a nutcase wants a gun, they'll find a way to get one. There will be some that slip through the cracks, but something does need done. In order for me to buy a shotgun or rifle (incuding the scary black death machines everyones so scared of) all I need is a form of payment. In order for me to buy a pistol, I had to fill out a form in the gun shop so that the salesman could call what I'm assuming was the state of PA to do a background check on me. Once I passed that, it needed to be registered to the state under my name. Kinda like a car. After that I was done. Pistol was mine, and out the door I went.

I'm not sure if a full psycho evaluation would be a feasible attempt to keep violence down, and it would surely be a hassle, but I do think that itd be a good idea to do the same registration and background check on at least semiautomatic rifles as pistols.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #8504
Pastafarian96

Wait, you guys have to go through paperwork for a pistol, but not an automatic rifle?

That is severely, severely ****ed. And I am against firearms being owned by people who either live on a farm or are a REGULAR member of a club, none of that "I'm a member, but I've only been once" anyone who does that should have their firearms confiscated.

Honoured friend of Harvey Swick

Pride in my work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
like an emo Jesus

"he cried for your feels"
Buy me a dress, I'll be whatever you want
Pastafarian96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #8505
i_lovemetallica
Les, Les Vegetables

See, in Australia, we have really strict gun control laws, and the availability of firearms has decreased a great deal.

In Australia, unless you are a collector, you can't really own any form of pistol and most forms of semi-automatic weaponry, because, who really needs them? We use rifles for hunting, and shotguns for vermin control, and that's about it.

I honestly don't understand the American mindset of gun ownership being a right. To me it makes no sense in the context of every idiot being able to load up their house like a fortress.
I was raised on Winnie the Pooh. There's multiple vhs tapes somewhere in the world where I appear totally nude wearing only honey yellow bear ears and a red T-shirt singing the theme song to that show
i_lovemetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #8506
ultimate-slash
Why am bear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafarian96
Wait, you guys have to go through paperwork for a pistol, but not an automatic rifle?

That is severely, severely ****ed. And I am against firearms being owned by people who either live on a farm or are a REGULAR member of a club, none of that "I'm a member, but I've only been once" anyone who does that should have their firearms confiscated.

I assume the bolded part is now saying the opposite of your actual view on this
Do you like stuff?
Do you like doing things to stuff?
Well, I've got stuff!
Do things to my stuff!
ultimate-slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:06 AM   #8507
slipknot5678
UG Monkey

why are you all talking about gun control in me and jakesmellspoo's blog thread?

lol jk normally there'd be a #cockatoopost here.
UG's #1 hottest, SAFE LINK!!!

#FreePalestine
#FreeKurdistan
#UnbanEveryone
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #8508
Pastafarian96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-slash
I assume the bolded part is now saying the opposite of your actual view on this

Shit excellent observation, it was originally meant to read "And I am against firearms being owned by people who aren't either..."

Pride in my work
Quote:
like an emo Jesus

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #8509
ESPLTDV401DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
why are you all talking about gun control in me and jakesmellspoo's blog thread?

lol jk normally there'd be a #cockatoopost here.

Doesn't even mention me even though I have the 8th most posts itt

I feel like im a lot happier now that I've stopped hanging out with you

Just 12 more months esp. Just make it 12 more months okay buddy
Old 08-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #8510
Pastafarian96

you've got us bro

Pride in my work
Quote:
like an emo Jesus

Old 08-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #8511
chookiecookie
Just keep smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafarian96 at #33570103

maybe it differs where he lives but afaif, most places, here included:

To get an AUTOMATIC rifle, you have to wait years and get a very expensive tax stamp lel

For any long gun (including the super scary semi-automatic ar15), you're able to pay for it on the spot, have a background check run on you, take it out of the store that same day, and then over the course of the next couple of weeks they'll continue to look into you.

A pistol has a 2 week waiting period from the time of payment for the same reasons.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #8512
Somekid94
Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
maybe it differs where he lives but afaif, most places, here included:

To get an AUTOMATIC rifle, you have to wait years and get a very expensive tax stamp lel

For any long gun (including the super scary semi-automatic ar15), you're able to pay for it on the spot, have a background check run on you, take it out of the store that same day, and then over the course of the next couple of weeks they'll continue to look into you.

A pistol has a 2 week waiting period from the time of payment for the same reasons.

Yeah, sorry about that. AFAIK, in the US you need to get what's called a Class 3 weapons permit in order to legally own automatic firearms.

Rifles, I'm not sure. I've never bought a semi automatic rifle from a gun store.

Pistols, its just a check and you can walk out the door.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #8513
Pastafarian96

honestly, just regular, non-full-automatic weaponry, permit to own them and a good reason, pretty much what we have in Australia

Pride in my work
Quote:
like an emo Jesus

Old 08-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #8514
slipknot5678
UG Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLTDV401DX
Doesn't even mention me even though I have the 8th most posts itt

didn't mean to exclude anyone just picked the most notorious complainers
UG's #1 hottest, SAFE LINK!!!

#FreePalestine
#FreeKurdistan
#UnbanEveryone
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #8515
jakesmellspoo
UG Monkey

lol, what wonderful life you must have, you miserable, toothless douche.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: